Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My youngest son was sick last night, so I had to go out about 0200 to get him some meds. I went to the local all night grocery store to make my purchase. And to my disgust the isle that has the medication was locked. (Due to the Meth-heads coming in late and stealing what they need) I had to go driving around looking for some place else. I ended up in a area that I was not familiar with, and I guess that showed when I exited my car and made my way across the parking lot. Because, with in a minute there was someone following me. I picked up my pace and glanced back, I did not see him anymore. So I started walking again and he appeared for behind a van in front of me and asked me if I had a light. I told him no and he said,"OK how about your wallet!" I noticed he had his hand down the front of his pants. So I drew my 345 and he started screaming he didn't have a gun and ran off. I called the local police and made a report. The good thing was no shots were fired and they seemed real gun friendly. After the looked at my permit, they made a report and left. Any body else have a close call like that? Frank. P.S. I would have posted this earlier, but I wasn't sure what forum it belonged in.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You showed a lot of cool-headedness-you could afford to because you were alert and recognized the threat---you showed forbearance not to have shot him when he put you in fear of your life by sticking his hand in his pants and demanding your wallet-that's armed robbery in progress right there...no matter what he had his hand wrapped around...ended well, reported well...that's the kind of story that often never gets told-thanks for sharing with us...

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Thanks for the Post and glad it turned out like it did. That is the very reason I carry all the time. You never know when you will need it.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Glad nothing really bad happened to you. Good that you showed a lot of cool-headedness in that situation. You might want to share your experience with the NRA and the Armed Citizen columns in the American Rifleman.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Another excellent report of how a firearm saved someone and we few of the choir(don't mind the sermon/lesson at all!) read it here instead of the masses in the media.
+1 on handling it well and being alert.

·
Registered
693 Posts
It's a nice story, Pafrank. That's the right way to handle such situation. Thanks for sharing!

·
Banned
298 Posts
Just got through an entire fay of 'Why do you bring that thing everywhere?'

Good to know they come in handy once in a while.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
yep almost the same thing but in Tenn. I was traveling there to meet a friend. it was late. I had just crossed the state line, I had stopped to get a soft drink and walk around a bit. Did that and was and same thing the guy starts walking toward me asking for a lite. I told him no I didn't smoke. He kept walking toward me, I dropped my cup cake and had my hand on my smith 44sp. (696) he decided to move on said it was cool. Yea I know it was cool, that I didn't blow him away. But it wan't cool that my cup cake was on the ground- should have shot him for that alone.

·
Registered
576 Posts
It has been said many times on this forum, sheepdog's signature line says it all. Glad everything worked out okay, pafrank. You kept your cool and made us proud.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Good job Frank. You did everything right and showed mercy and restraint at the end of your confrontation. Not the way the media often portrays us gun owners/carriers. +1 for the good guys.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
[8D]pafrank

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Your reaction was perfect, your timing was perfect. Your brain had allready alerted you to the threat and you reacted with perfect timing. If the
feller did have a gun-you had the drop on him. You also prevented
him from getting any closer to you-saving you from injury- ,he may
have had a knife in his hand. Proud of you-now you know for sure why
you carry. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm glad things worked out well for you. BTW, I concur with [8D]your choice of weapon.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
way to hang tought man !!!! glad all worked out for the best maybe that BG will think twice next time ,

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
The big thing is you found out that you can keep your head under preasure. You were thinking the whole time and that was good. A lot of people would have just started firing with out thinking. That's bad. You have the right mind set for carring a gun and we are glad for you. Hope you never have to go through it again. Good luck.
Best,Baldy.

·
Premium Member
2,944 Posts
Way to go pafrank! You acted quickly, responsibly and took control of the situation. My wife is always saying, "Do you have to take that thing everywhere you go?" Well, there is a perfect example of why we do! You make us look good...just the right response for the situation.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.