Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Thursday I made my first trip down to the Civilian Marksmanship Park in Talladega, Alabama. It was perfect weather for February. The CMP is only 40 odd miles from where I live. I had a great day at the range. :D I took the 10 minute safety course and obtained my safety card to shoot there. That was free. Then I decided to shoot the Action Pistol ranges. Unfortunately Range #4 was closed as they were setting up for a match on Saturday. That range has many steel targets and is where the steel challenge, IDPA and USPA are held. I understood a team from Norway was going to practice there on Friday. :)
I shot the 50 foot Action pistol instead. That cost $10 for one-half day. I had great plans and carried a "ton of ammo." I could not hold out to shoot a ton of ammo. I shot until I could no longer hold a steady sight picture. I only shot 5 or 6 boxes of ammo, both 9 mm and 40 S&W. I shot everything at the Dueling Tree. The most fun was my SR40 and the dueling tree. :D That 40 caliber will swing the plates much better than the 9 mm.
Check out the CMP online. It is the most advanced shooting range in the USA. It has electronic scoring targets on the rifle range out to 600 yards. Your hits show up on a monitor on your bench. You don't even need a spotting scope. :) The same thing is on range #2 for Pistol at 25 and 50 yards.

[/URL]

·
Bang Bang
382 Posts
Thanks for the report.

I haven't heard much about the place and have wondered if it's something that would interest me.

I use the WMA range and find it deserted during the week. That means I'm the only idiot I need to watch out for ;)

It has a 100 rifle range, but I would like to shoot more distance to check my hunting rifle accuracy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went to the range yesterday (July 6) and was REALLY impressed. I shot a couple hundred rounds at the 100 yard range with my Mini 14 300 AAC Blackout and had a blast. The shot spotter system is absolutely awesome!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts