Votes: 91 65.0%
  • Pepsi

Votes: 49 35.0%
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish I had a dollar for every time my friends ask me this question. IMO, Coca-Cola is the best darn drink in the world, and while Pepsi's good, it can't compete for my tastebuds.:cool:

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
Pepsi is sweeter than Coke. So for me, Pepsi. It just isn't as readily available in the Atlanta area for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I think the formulas change by location. When I lived in the south I prefered coke. Now that I like in the North I prefer Pepsi so my vote is for Pepsi.

But there is something American about Coke when I was overseas I had the biggest craving for a Coke and a cheese burger.

·
Reloader
4,138 Posts
Gotta go with the Hometown folks.. Coke it is.. I just like driving by thier building and looking at it.. Oh and we have the World of Coke here also..

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ain't nothing better that a very large Jack and Coke after a long day of hunting. Pepsi is was to sweet for me.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Coke, Started drinking it was 10 cents in small glass bottles. Would walk up and down road picking up bottles to return for 2 cents so we could buy a bottle.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Coca Cola out of a cold glass bottle tasted so good when I was a kid.
It's still good, but not quite the same formula.

That was back in the days when you took the empty bottles back to the store.

·
Banned
2,189 Posts

I agree. I think the formula is the same, it just tasted better out of the glass bottles.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts

I agree. I think the formula is the same, it just tasted better out of the glass bottles.
Same here - I used to get a bottle of coke out of a cooler that had cold water around all of the bottle - also the machines where you pressed the big lever down and then pulled the bottle straight out.
Ah yes, the memories of an ice cold coke on a hot summer day - I just don't think it tastes quite as good anymore, then that could be me!

I spent many a summer day as a kid filling bags with returnable bottles to redeem them for a coke and a candy bar.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
Choice wasn't on there...A and W root beer from the A and W stand alongside highway 30 driving across the mid west in the 50's...Get a big bottle and 2 cups...find a shady tree spot or a local park and sit and drink A and W before we moved on to the next town.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Choice wasn't on there...A and W root beer from the A and W stand alongside highway 30 driving across the mid west in the 50's...Get a big bottle and 2 cups...find a shady tree spot or a local park and sit and drink A and W before we moved on to the next town.
can't beet a good bottle of root beer. That is my preferred soda over colas. A friend of mine is in a root beer of the month club.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
My grandmother used to call Coca Cola "dope". She said that when she was younger, folks would walk to the market for a nickel bottle of dope.

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
My grandmother used to call Coca Cola "dope". She said that when she was younger, folks would walk to the market for a nickel bottle of dope.
That's because back in the 1800's until the early 1900's Coke originally had a very small amount of cocaine in it.

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
Definitely Coke. Anyone remember the Pepsi Challenge back in the 70s and 80s? I picked out the Coke every time. Pepsi is sweeter than Coke ... while Coke is a bit more carbonated.

Try a Mexican Coke. ¡Que refresco! They use cane sugar south of the border ... like we did before 1980 ... bottled, not canned. In the USA Cokes are made with corn syrup.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts