• Coca-Cola

Votes: 112 63.3%
  • Pepsi

Votes: 65 36.7%
121 - 140 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
My wife is a type 1 diabetic, so her soft drink of choice is diet coke. One day at the lunch table with some of her "older lady" coworkers, one of them said " oh honey that stuff isn't good for you" without missing a beat she said "look, I have type 1 diabetes, I'm either going to die from it or this diet coke, at this point I don't worry" ... she said those ladies didn't know what to say ...

·
Grand Inquisitor
2,197 Posts
I wish I had a dollar for every time my friends ask me this question. IMO, Coca-Cola is the best darn drink in the world, and while Pepsi's good, it can't compete for my tastebuds.:cool:
Neither. With me watching my carbs via diet, my drink is either iced well water or a gin Martini. I sound like General Ripper from Dr. Strangelove. Purity of Essence.

Long ago, a Coke (original formula only…everything else is too sweet) from a glass bottle. Still have one or two a year.

Right now? Aviation gin Martini. Dolin Vermouth, premium olives and a cocktail onion.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Never been a soft drink imbiber. If I drink two sodas a year that is a lot for me. I don't like carbonation or sweets so there is no appeal. But I also don't drink coffee, to me it is some vile concoction, have never smoked (tried a cigarette once in junior high and that was the end of it).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Pepsi and Rum, NOT! Rum and Coke, although most times it is Coke Zero. Remembering the old days when soda wars were going on, you could walk into a gas station with 4 empty soda bottles and walk out with a cold soda. Big Red is my favorite, although it is outlawed by all car interiors, because once it is stained, it is not coming out. Anyone remember Hippo sodas? Dr. Pepper is only good when it comes from Dublin, Texas

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
That's the damn truth right there ...
Ain't that the truth. No longer "High Speed-Low Drag". But I can still have fun, just need to be a bit more creative doing things. Old enough to know better, but still young enough to not give a :poop: .

·
Registered
965 Posts
Neither .....I have always loved RC Cola.
Royal Crown.........not to be confused with Crown Royal(the whiskey)
(It is owned by Keurig/Dr Pepper today)

Reactions: SR40Ohio and hlg

·
Registered
9,293 Posts
Haven't drank a soda in 20 years. On vacation I had a Coke I like sweets but the Coke was so sweet I I just dumped it. There is 16 teaspoons of sugar in a 20oz bottle of Coke thats wayyyyyyyyyy to much sugar for me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm too white to drink Coke, they don't want me for a customer.
Yep, Coke and Pepsi must be having a contest to see who can tick off the most customers.

I drink Iced Tea mostly but was on a car trip recently where I couldn't find any tea at the gas station. Saw an RC Cola which I haven't had in years....boy did it go down good. Can't find RC in the machines around here so I started drinking Coke. No more, if I can't get RC or Dr. Pepper I'll wring out my socks. Coke/Pepsi if their management was dying of thirst....I'd let them have whatever they could wring out of my boxers.

·
Registered
86 Posts
They both suck , one for taste, the other for politics. Real cane sugar Mexico Coke if you have to have it,,,,,,,,,,,,,I don't!

·
Registered
564 Posts
No soft drinks for me, never had any interest in them. But then I'd rather eat potatoes than chocolate cake.... :p

·
Registered
182 Posts
Actually I find the opposite is true. Pepsi is less sweet and more carbonated. And I HATE sugary drinks of any kind. In fact do not put any sugar in coffee, tea etc. Also do not drink and cokes or Pepsi any longer. Just prefer to use a soda machine with fresh lemon or Lime. Love Ice Tea, but without any sugar.

121 - 140 of 150 Posts