• Coca-Cola

Votes: 112 63.3%
  • Pepsi

Votes: 65 36.7%
141 - 150 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't really care for "colas" of any kind ... I prefer a Dr. Pepper, Ginger Ale or Sunkist Orange for a soda. I wouldn't drink ANYTHING coming from Mexico ... not Coke or beer ... not if it was free. Coke is only good when mixed with large amounts of bourbon.

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
Opos, the A&W stand was on Lake Murray Drive in Ardmore, OK, where I grew up. We always stopped there on the way from a long day skiing on the lake or when we had been working in the yard all day Saturday during the late Fall. We even had those small mugs we kept in the freezer of the refrigerator beside the two adult size ones my parents kept for when Dad stopped by there and bought a gallon to bring home to us. I agree that it was far better back then than Coca Cola, Pepsi or any of the other soft drinks, except for Grapette, of course.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I remember growing up in the South. It was coke or
RC and a Moon Pie. And do not forget the Brownie.

Reactions: PaulWVa

·
Registered
.22 Single Sixes, MkII, 10-22, 22 Charger, 77-357, 45 American, 44 Vaqueros, GP100s.
545 Posts
Pepsi. Took me most of my life so far to decide. I miss RC Cola, what I grew up on. My town had an RC bottling plant. Always fresh.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Bottled Coke in the small bottles used to be the king for sure, and had my share. But RC was always my 2nd choice. Now in the last few years Pepsi is my favorite by far. It's such a smoother drink.

·
One Star
10,502 Posts
Coke diet

·
Registered
411 Posts
Rarely drank either one, prefer un-sweet tea or an occasional root beer. Since coke has been pushing wokeness and that particular line of anti-whiteness, it'll be a cold day with Satan before I ever drink any.

WYT-P
Skyhunter

·
Registered
107 Posts
years back, when anwar saddat got whacked by some extremist in his own army, i was in what the us army called the "rapid deployment force.."

a mech in/armor heavy bde with a full up arty battery and eng company with all the "trimmings.."

so by the time mr saddat had hit the ground, we were on our way to egypt..

after things things had cooled down a bit and the guys from 82nd did their "bright star" hop-and-pop, gov't folks in egypt got w/army heads and said, sure, your guys can come see the pyramids, the sphynx and so on...

being dry and dusty, the local vendors would pour you a coke or pepsi, etc for a song.

if you didn't have diabetes up to that point, you would right after!!

that's when i found out that all the soda outfits blend their elixirs based on where they are being consumed!

not only was the syrup to carbonated water ration different but so was the type of sweetener - cane sugar, corn syrup, sugar beet and so forth...

after that - it was bottled water for me..........

now then - a "bourbon and coke?"

why would anyone do that to good bourbon?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I wish I had a dollar for every time my friends ask me this question. IMO, Coca-Cola is the best darn drink in the world, and while Pepsi's good, it can't compete for my tastebuds.:cool:
I was a solid Coke drinker for many years.

One day at the county fair there was a Pepsi Challenge booth.

Remember that - the Pepsi challenge?

I was shocked how much better the Pepsi tasted side by side. And that was 40 years ago when Coke was real.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Def coke. A better "mixer" than Pepsi, plus, an ice cold Coke is pretty damn good when thirsty. Almost like it has a bit of a bite to it, but in a good way.

141 - 150 of 150 Posts