Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I bought a SS Carbine with a black synthetic stock earlier this year. On sale for $170, how could I resist. I've recently decided I wanted it all black. I was also looking at getting the Nodak Spud sights.

So my question, I came across a brand new collectors series barrel and sights take off. All brand new, never fired, for around $50. Is there any reason the 50th anniversary Collectors series barrel and sights won't fit my carbine reciever? Their cheaper then just the rear Novak spud sights would be. And I would get the blued barrel to boot. Any reason this wouldn't work?

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, thanks. I figured it should fit without trouble, most 10/22 parts seem to be interchangeable, but just wanted to make sure. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Another question, I did search but didn't find it. I've seen where others co-witness their Nodak sights with a red dot like a trs-25. But I couldn't find any body mentioning it with the collectors series sights. Anybody know if it will work, they seem lower than the Nodak.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I use a Primary Arms red dot it blocks the Iron sights. The return to zero has been excellent and it is one torx screw. I like the sights have them sighted in at about 70 yards because it is easier for me to hold under on close stuff and I can still shoot out further. Picture so you can tell if we are talking about the same sights. I love my 10/22 It never stays home on range trips. Have fun.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I use a Primary Arms red dot it blocks the Iron sights. The return to zero has been excellent and it is one torx screw. Picture so you can know if we are talking about the same sights. I like the sights have them sighted in at about 70 yards because it is easier for me to hold under on close stuff and I can still shoot out further. Picture so you can tell if we are talking about the same sights. I love my 10/22 It never stays home on range trips. Have fun.
Yep, very similar set up to what I was working toward. Only difference is I'm planning to make it all black. Got the black stock, trigger assembly, blued barrel(close enough), black TRS-25(stealing from my AR15 build), and a black sling. All that's left is a black bolt and having the receiver painted or swapped with a black one. I'll post pics once I get the barrel and sights swapped.

Nodak and the TS rail version are taller than the OEM CSII sights
Well that sucks, but at least I have some back ups if I have to remove the optic

(which are Mini-14 sights).
This is very helpful info. So much easier to search for "Mini-14 sights" than "50th Collectors Series second release sights". In fact if I had known that in the beginning, I would probably have been able to find what I needed to know with the search. Thank you

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kidd makes a black bolt. You will have a nice rifle when done buy some ammo try cci sv.
Yep, I saw that, and considered it till I saw the price. Really nice piece, but it cost almost as much as the rifle did. I'll figure out something later, probably focus on the receiver first. Does anybody make a steel receiver?

Here's the before pic of what it looked like before. Everyone has seen a stock 10/22 before.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
And here it is after I installed the new blue barrel, sights, and the TRS-25. I'm liking it so far. Sling is still in the mail. Later I'll paint or swap the receiver.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Nice looking rifle, but wouldn't it have been easier to just put a black stock on a blued barrel and action to start with?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice looking rifle, but wouldn't it have been easier to just put a black stock on a blued barrel and action to start with?
You are absolutely correct, and I say the same thing every time I mess with it. But here in vegas, 10/22s were listing in the mid $300s, even peaking @ $450 at the height of the stupidity. In fact I had given up on getting a 10/22 a few years back because of the prices they were going for here. So when I found a new one on sale for $170, I jumped on it. Stainless Steal carbines were the only model they were selling. When it's all done, I'll have enough spare parts to build a second rifle for my wife or son. The way I sell it to myself, is the new barrel, and sights(front and rear) are cheaper than just the Nodak Spuds rear NDS-26 which I had been planning to put on the rifle before I found these. So in the end, I'm actually coming out cheaper (so far! ).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts