Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Colt Pocket Lite 380 that I carry in the summer because it fits in my front pocket comfortably. A gun shop owner said the Pocket Lites aren't that great. It does jam with hollow-points so I use Remington ball ammo. What do ya'll think. Do I need to sell it and go with a Kel-Tec or something else?

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
opinions will differ.
Known quite a few officers that bought colt mustangs, and govt .380's as back-ups back in the day. Just about all of them had feed problems and got rid of them. I consider them as good tradin material as i honestly believe that those paticular models are more valuable for their name and what they are than "how they were". Your colt still worth a lot more money ---more than a kel-tec even though the kt may be better in function. The longer you hang onto the colt(if in good shape) the more it will be worth.
Have you checked out the smith airweights such as the
mdl 638
mdl 642
These work just fine for pocket carry. I also pocket-carried a kel-tec p-11 for a while. worked fine but i just perfered the smith 638.

I'd recommend a ruger but ruger does not have an airweight for pkt carry. [V]
we have a couple of good threads here about kel-tec. Feel free to check them out and chime in on them with any questions. General feeling seems to be they are a good buy.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I just recently bought a Kel-Tech 9 and it had been 100% reliable. I have fed it nothing but HP reloads. It is reasonably accurate at up close and personal distances as well. The only complaint I have is the trigger takes some getting used to.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'm with Deputy125 on this one...I carry a M649...stainless grab'n'squeeze...I like the weight and carry the FBI load or Gold Dot short barrel load...I'd rate a .38 loaded right at about 4x the stopping power of any .380...I'd sell a Colt in a heartbeat for a Smith...

·
Registered
842 Posts
BamaBart, I don't have any experience with the small Colts or the .380, but my one neighbor with some physical problems carries one every day loaded with FMJs and swears by it.
Baker

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
My wife had been wanting one for years so I found one at a gun show and got it. I took it to my smith and had him do a tune up. It shoots anything you put in it and with in 10yds in her hands it is deadly accurate. That's about all you can ask out of a .380. She has the Government Model.:D

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I agree with you 100% on that Kevin. I will sell no more guns that I buy. I just wish I would of had more cash on me when that .380 Colt was found. It was one of them buy now or the next guy will. Cost me a Ruger SP-101.

Best,Baldy.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I didn't check what the going price was and sold mine last summer for $350 - now he won't even take $500 for it!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts