Ruger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be difficult to believe, however, it involves a close friend of mine and in addition I did see the gun.

My friend is a locksmith and was a friend of a person who recently passed away. The friends brother who was from out of town had my friend over to fix a lock which was broken. While there the brother was going through some of the personal belongings the deceased had accumulated and among those items were several guns. One of those guns was a Colt Python (Hunter model) and upon seeing that he asked the brother if they would be interested in selling it. To cut to the chase the brother did agree to sell it and when price was discussed the brother said that since my friend had been so good to their family in the past he would let him have it for $400. Needless to say my friend was shocked, however, not to the point where he didn't snap the gun up. Doing some research it seems this particular Python in excellent condition is bringing about $2,000. Not only have I seen the gun (and it is in excellent condition) but I had the pleasure of shooting it this past weekend & what a great gun to shoot.

·
Registered
947 Posts
That's why I'm keeping a stranglehold on My 6" bright stainless...back in the day I paid $695 brand new in the box.:D

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
At the auction in Evansville, IN that I attended yesterday were a dozen or more 'Snakes'...Colt Anacondas, Pythons, Diamondbacks, and even a couple of Cobra's The Anacondas went in the 1800 to 3000 dollar range, The Pythons, not far behind...$1200 to $2000. Even the Diamondback 22's sold for more than $1000. The Cobra's (38 Special) did not go as high @$600.
All of these averages are above the Blue Book(s) set values for used Colts...reinforcing the idea that the market is forcing the values up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.