Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was shot with some of my .45 ACP I reloaded. I strive for combat accuracy when shooting pistol, not tight groups. In the process of mirroring my carry loads. I think my next step up will be really close

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447006675.794525.jpg

Shot from 7 yards

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Nice.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Really love the LW CMD.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Looks plain ole' accurate to me. Good job, nice shooting.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
How quickly was that group fired and at what range? I think a lot of guys "forgive themselves" for a lack of precision when shooting defensive style weapons - so you don't often see guys working on this kind of group with their defensive pistols.

I'm one that tends to qualify that if I shoot slow-fire with my "combat" or "defensive" weapons, I expect any one of them to be capable of remarkable accuracy. So then the challenge to me as the shooter is to be able to speed up the shot splits without the wheels coming off.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How quickly was that group fired and at what range? I think a lot of guys "forgive themselves" for a lack of precision when shooting defensive style weapons - so you don't often see guys working on this kind of group with their defensive pistols.

I'm one that tends to qualify that if I shoot slow-fire with my "combat" or "defensive" weapons, I expect any one of them to be capable of remarkable accuracy. So then the challenge to me as the shooter is to be able to speed up the shot splits without the wheels coming off.

7 yards and controlled rapid fire (bang,reset,bang,reset, etc) not as fast as I can shoot but not slow-fire either

·
Life is good
4,866 Posts
IMO, you shot a decent group. The SR1911 CMD-A is nice.

·
Registered
392 Posts
"7 yards and controlled rapid fire (bang,reset,bang,reset, etc) not as fast as I can shoot but not slow-fire either ."

some ranges won't let you work from a holster(mine won't), so the next best thing is the gun is held low, almost on the bench, then the gun comes up into the line of sight and bang. your looking at the target, not the gun and accept for a possible glance of the front sight the sights really aren't used, your point shooting. you want a good group and you want to get the first shot off fast. then you want to be able to do this while moving.
this to me is "combat shooting".

(try this with the 1911 and then the G19, which one works better for you?)

·
Registered
704 Posts
Very nicely done. Looks like your group would neutralize any threat to me. I do most of my defensive shooting practice from 7-5 yards. Low tech but I use an 8 inch paper plate. Everything hits within that circle is hokay.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts