Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of commorative 50th Anniversary Blackhawks in a display case. In 2005 when Ruger released the 50th Blackhawk in 4 5/8" .357's, they kept some and in 2006 they released the 50th 6 1/2" .44 Mags they combined some of the .357's and the .44's with matching serial numbers and was offered together in a display case. I don't know how many they put out but ended up finding a good buy on a set.

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks NGA, I know the 50th guns are not necessarily collectors but having the matched serial numbers will keep me from going out and shooting them like my other Blackhawks.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Thanks NGA, I know the 50th guns are not necessarily collectors but having the matched serial numbers will keep me from going out and shooting them like my other Blackhawks.
Nice guns, but I guess you purchased them for your relatives when you die?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice guns, but I guess you purchased them for your relatives when you die?
You got that right, my son has no idea the amount I've invested in guns and other items for him.

·
Registered
757 Posts
50th Anniversary Models in 357

Nice lookin' set, I did not realize these two had the same serial number. I learned something new again!!!

Recently I purchased a pair of 50th Anniversary Blackhawk Models in 357. I purchased these for SASS matches. Blackhawks now have Super Blackhawk Hammers, reverse indexing pawl and a spring kit. Enjoy your guns 67Number1 !!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
Nice! Cool that they have matching serial numbers too. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Beautiful set of 50th Anniversary .44 and .357 Blackhawk revolvers. The steel gripframes plus the excellent fit and finish make these Blackhawks beautiful and also fun to shoot.

Congratulations!

J.D. Press

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Nice! But hard (for me) to see them not going to be used for what they are intended for :) . Enjoy!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, I just ended up winning a 50th anniversary Single-Six with Cocobolo grips to go with my other one with redwood grips. I understand your thoughts about using them rclark, I currently have a lot of Blackhawks that don't get the range time they deserve so I do have some safe queens including 98% flattops.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just picked up a .44 mag anniversary edition myself! The bluing on mine is in great shape, but I'm pretty jealous of your set!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Very cool finding the set with matching numbers. I wanted a 50th Anniversary .44 mag but going through my dealer's stock, we could not find one with the barrel screwed in so that the front sight actually pointed up. Can't recall what I bought that day but it wasn't one of them.
Have to include me in the 'If I own it I need to shoot it' camp. Maybe try and be nice and not make it a 'truck gun' but have to shoot it on occasion.

Bruce

1 - 14 of 14 Posts