Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was on Ruger's website and the first thing that popped up on the main page was an advertisement for a new show called Conceal carry school. has anyone heard about this or even seen an episode. I do not know if the one coming up on Saturday is the first episode or not. I am glad there are more shows coming out about guns and shooting (TOP SHOT) (LOCK AND LOAD) and now this. I just hope it is a proper portrayal of real life situations and does not make the gun community look bad.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
i hope... if it's anything like the typical CCW class though it will be 1 or 2 "gun guys" (falling asleep in class) and the 20 people who have no clue what end points forward or how to keep their finger off the trigger at the range (getting yelled at by the instructors).

it could be a disaster...

i think lock and load is kind of weird... i only saw two of them though.

i love top shot.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
speaking of which... that D who did that 'SuperSize Me' movie went on to do that '30 Days' show. he did one where he had a total anti-gun chick from the city go live for 30 days with a pro-gun single dad and his kid out in the country... and it was actually REALLY good. both in terms if us, AND for opening up the eyes of those on the opposite side.
i think you can watch if for free online... Episode: 305 - Gun Nation - July 1, 2008

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
That conceal carry show is awful. One of the first things they did was talk about safety. The 'instructor' said to rack the gun 3 times to make sure it's empty. :rolleyes: Wow. No visual check, no physical check, just rack it 3 times. :confused: Apparently he's never heard of a broken extractor or thought about what happens when ever you let go of the slide with the striker stuck. :eek:
The show's about taking people w/ NO gun experience, who are intimidated by guns, and "training" them to carry concealed. Don't know if that can really be done correctly in just a few weeks.

·
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
speaking of which... that D who did that 'SuperSize Me' movie went on to do that '30 Days' show. he did one where he had a total anti-gun chick from the city go live for 30 days with a pro-gun single dad and his kid out in the country... and it was actually REALLY good. both in terms if us, AND for opening up the eyes of those on the opposite side.
I believe I saw that one a while back but I will watch it again to refresh my memory.

That conceal carry show is awful. One of the first things they did was talk about safety. The 'instructor' said to rack the gun 3 times to make sure it's empty. Wow. No visual check, no physical check, just rack it 3 times. Apparently he's never heard of a broken extractor or thought about what happens when ever you let go of the slide with the striker stuck.
The show's about taking people w/ NO gun experience, who are intimidated by guns, and "training" them to carry concealed. Don't know if that can really be done correctly in just a few weeks.
I am upset to hear that I was really hoping it was going to be good. I will watch a few and give it a chance though.

·
Registered
999 Posts
While I'm happy to see more gun TV shows surfacing, these things are absolute garbage!:( Top Shot, Personal Defense TV, Tactical Arms TV, and many others I can't name are junk. Lock and Load and American Handgunner aren't half bad.:eek:

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I am happy to see more gun shows too. I like them although I just wish/hope they keep things real.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I watched the first episode and was very surprised at how good I thought it was. I agree that "Top Shot" is lame but I want to see the rest of these episodes. That "rack three times" thing was just part of the clearing procedure, not the complete process. There are so many scary barriers to entry that I'm glad that Ruger and others are investing in something that exposes newbies to the idea of Conceal Carry. After watching that one episode with a female non-gun-owner she commented that she would like to take a pistol class with her daughter. I see that as a positive thing, so my hat's off to Ruger for doing this.

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
Spike TV

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Just as a point of reference, the County Sheriffs Of Colorado (CSOC) published a set of recommendations on what they think will constitute reasonable training. Be sure you mentally substitute your state name for Colorado in the list.

CSOC Recommendations - Colorado Concealed Carry Forums

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I like Shootout on history channel. I am not sure when it aired or even if it does still. I get all my movies on netflix. I live in the boonies (no cable) so I am a little behind on whats on now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For those that are interested...this Saturday on SpikeTV, High Caliber Training, will be featured on the "Don't Be A Victim" series called "Practical Tactical". The series starts at 9AM and goes til 11AM. It's been going for about 10 weeks now and they're finally getting around to our stuff. Next week should have the driving course or maybe the shoot houses...feel free to let me know what you think. Thanks!

High Caliber Training is just outside Memphis, TN...here's our website: High Caliber Training

The shows cover everything from training issues to gun reviews...
Here's their website: Don't Be a Victim Week 10

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
For those that are interested...this Saturday on SpikeTV, High Caliber Training, will be featured on the "Don't Be A Victim" series called "Practical Tactical". The series starts at 9AM and goes til 11AM. It's been going for about 10 weeks now and they're finally getting around to our stuff. Next week should have the driving course or maybe the shoot houses...feel free to let me know what you think. Thanks!

High Caliber Training is just outside Memphis, TN...here's our website: High Caliber Training

The shows cover everything from training issues to gun reviews...
Here's their website: Don't Be a Victim Week 10
Please bump this thread tomorrow night so I don't forget. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.