Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hopes are that this does not come to pass. My wife and I have our C/C permits for our state, enjoyed the training and looking back really glad we have our permits.

I was thinking, can you imagine the back log of of C/C applications that is going to happen IF and when this administration requires every gun owner to have a C/C carry gun permit to own a firearm??

It this actually happens, which I hope it does not, it will take years for law abiding tax paying gun owners to obtain a permit. The line will be hundreds if not thousands deep and a paperwork nightmare for county offices not staffed to handle such a workload. I am sure that the Administration in its hast to come up with some plan has not thought this through.

I have been encouraging my gun owning friends to apply now and not get caught up in the machine and potentially have to wait years for their permit to get approved, let alone get into a C/C training class. Just an observation...

-Patriot
JOIN THE NRA

·
Registered
342 Posts
My hopes are that this does not come to pass. My wife and I have our C/C permits for our state, enjoyed the training and looking back really glad we have our permits.

Of course, you are in North Carolina, where the law now reads both SHALL ISSUE and 45 Day Limit. Okay, some counties have fudged the 45-day, but there is going to be legal heck to pay if 45 days suddenly turns into "years."

"The Full Employment Act for Sheriff's Deparment clerical staff."​

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I was thinking, can you imagine the back log of of C/C applications that is going to happen IF and when this administration requires every gun owner to have a C/C carry gun permit to own a firearm??
You must be privy to information I've never heard or seen. None of the proposals I've seen will require concealed carry permits. They require background checks. About a five minute phone call normally. Likely even better once there is a universal system in place.

A concealed carry permit/license already requires a background check so, assuming it's current, it should count as a background check. Though that's not guaranteed.

Jeff

·
Registered
815 Posts
If that does come to pass, then I am glad to be living in South Dakota. No training required, just a background check and my permit is to me in the mail in less than a week. Took longer to find the Sheriff to sign the permit than anything!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You must be privy to information I've never heard or seen. None of the proposals I've seen will require concealed carry permits. They require background checks. About a five minute phone call normally. Likely even better once there is a universal system in place.

A concealed carry permit/license already requires a background check so, assuming it's current, it should count as a background check. Though that's not guaranteed.

Jeff
Nope, not privy to info, In my OP I said IF the administration requires every gun owner to have a concealed carry permit....nothing in stone yet, but it would not surprise me if this becomes a requirement. I am talking about hand gun owners that presently do not possess a C/C permit. Here in NC you can own many handguns and you are not required to have a C/C permit.:) I am thinking they will probably require the C/C permit and background even if you want to purchase and not carry.

-Patriot

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Patriot, I might be wrong but,I don't think there is any state with a law limiting the number of guns that a person can own. When I lived in NC, buying a handgun was a PITA. You had to go to the sheriff and pay $5 for a permit to purchase each handgun. The sheriff had to sign the permit which could take any length of time and the number of permits that you could purchase at once was up to the discretion of the sheriff. There was no concealed carry but, open carry was permitted. Has the CCW law have changed this?

·
Registered
291 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
IF and when this administration requires every gun owner to have a C/C carry gun permit to own a firearm??

-Patriot
JOIN THE NRA

It's gonna be awfully difficult for me to conceal carry my 12 ga shotgun with a 30" barrel!

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
VA already recommends submitting my renewal application 60 days in advance. If CCW is required for ownership, I'll have to renew the day after I get a fresh one........:eek:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I got a carry permit a year ago, a few months after WI became the 49th state to allow it.

I can't seriously imagine any such thing happening. After years of hearing gun-grabbers toss out every wild idea that stars in their wet dreams, I still haven't heard any talk of this.

It's easy for Obama & Co. to target them scary looking "military-style black semi-automatic high-powered kiddie-killing assault rifles," but it's quite another to go after every gun owner who doesn't yet have a carry permit.

Aren't there something like 80M gun owners, but only 5M carry permits. I know those numbers are dated, though my point is the vast majority of gun owners don't have carry permits. Pissing off 75M voters seems like political suicide for the Democratic Party.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts