Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Since I don't have to worry about dept regs anymore and what I carry.... back then it was a Glock 22, and now its a 5 shot .44 snubby :D

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Well let's see....since I don't get my CHL until January, I guess I have to answer N/A. (But I have been known to stash a S&W 442 on occasion.)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
24/7 a SP101 in my right jeans pocket with 5 extra rounds in the little pocket watch pocket.Sometimes I add a Smith 28(highway patrolman) carried in a black backetweave highride
holster.

·
Registered
557 Posts
4" alloy frame 1911

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey jeredshs, had one of those S&W 28s, it was and absolute cherry, bone stock, crisp clean gold inlay in the lettering. I sold it for twice what I paid for it! If I had only known! That was one of my worst losses! Hang on to that baby, never let it go man!
I carry either my G21 or KP89 depending on my mood. Just bought my Daughter an XD9 sub-compact. After the Christmas shoot I'm gonna decide if I like how it feels and shoots and maybe get myself one. If I do it will become my primary carry gun. If I don't like it I will probably get a Glock sub-compact.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
GrovenRuger
I know what you are talking about(letting one go). I have made myself a pledge that if I get into financial straights or whatever---I'll sell the johndeere or something---lol.I will never
turn loose of the firearms that I have. I used to be bad for trading off something to buy a new
one. Now I just keep what I have and add to what I have when I can afford it.Maybe someday you can find another 28.
Regards

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,336 Posts
I'm in somewhat of a delema. I just moved from Iowa where I had a CCP. Nebraska's new CCW law goes into effect on Jan 1, however to qualify, you have to be a resident for 6 months. Guess I will have to leave my "go to" Colt Commander at home for a few more months.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Iowegan
Nice looking commander. Does Nebraska recognise your Iowa ccw till the 6 months is up?

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,336 Posts
jaredshs, Unfortunately, Nebraska doesn't honor any other states CCPs yet. I think that will come but probably not before my 6 months are up. At least I'm in a state where CCPs will be issued.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Iowegan
Well it was just a thought, but anyway six months will pass quickly and you will make it.
Best regards.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Iowegan, that's a bummer---at least you can vehicle carry openly till the CCW goes in-and open carry unless in a place where they have restricted it----then there's always CYACCW-where noone sees, noone knows, and it never happened...

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Outside of Montana which does require a CCP and honors most states, Alaska has the best over all plan. As long as your not a felon, no CCP is needed and can conceal carry anywhere within reason.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts