Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen these before, and not sure what to think. I have been weary of them, because they don't seem to hold the pistol securely. JB mentioned that he likes them, so I am going to reconsider getting one. Anyone else have any experience with these?

http://magills.com/pgroup_descrip/311/6920/?return=?

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
I have the concealment elastic band that goes around the chest with straps over the shoulders that I have worn with dress clothes in the summer when it is too hot for a coat. I only wear it when necessary. I like the IWB with loose T-shirt but its not good for dressing up. I have a CCW Vest that works good in the Winter. Haven't tried the T-shirt.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts

Depends on the color that you like, I prefer white for the heat factor, but want to get a black one now as well. The material causes body wetness to be wicked from you body, hence helping you stay cooler during the warmer weather and summer heat. I usually wear an X-Large t-shirt but for this I decided on the Large to keep things snug and close in. I will admit a single stack or thinner grip semi auto works best, but had really no problems with the double stack of a Glock either.

You will need to wear an over size top shirt, so not to have that snug tight look. My shirt is a high reg neck and not the V-Neck type as shown in the picture. But even when working UC, I work sweat shirts as I was deep and a firearm would have given me away.... not healthy.

The other nice thing about this, now we all have those times when ya just got to use the bathroom out in public... with this shirt there is no worry about what to do with your firearm for when ya just got to sit. There is also no worry about shirt creep when reaching for something on a shelf, or when you bend over to pick something up. No one knows you got a firearm concealed BUT you, and YOU alone.

Remember, its not for everyone, but concealed means concealed, and keeping it that way until its needed. I have had no problem getting to my firearm when I have needed to either. For those that do carry concealed, ever try and draw your firearm while seated in your vehicle. Carry on your strong side and see just how well you can... not or almost impossible to do so, because of your seat belt and or just the general position your sitting in.

Carrying a concealed firearm is to be comforting not comfortable, that is why there are all differant types of holsters, belly bands, chest bands, ankle holsters and holster compression shirts out there.

I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture... I'm a happy customer [8D]

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This one looks much better, as there is a strap holding the firearm in place, do all have this?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts

quote:Originally posted by Keith Smith

This one looks much better, as there is a strap holding the firearm in place, do all have this?

Yep, that be it and mine has 4 straps one of each pocket. :D

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
How ya likin' it now? I've thought about getting one but my work dress is a heavy t-shirt and IWB on da belly is my best/fastest carry...

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's going good. I usually wear this when I can't wear my fanny pack (business dress). May need to order a few more so I can wear it them thru the week.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Washable, right????Cold water and drip dry, probably-do you wear a loose shirt or regular size? Do you button or snap? I know you'd waste the shirt if it hit the fan...

·
Registered
2,412 Posts

quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

Washable, right????Cold water and drip dry, probably-do you wear a loose shirt or regular size? Do you button or snap? I know you'd waste the shirt if it hit the fan...
Snap shirt and I've even seen some 5-11 type shirts for these made with velcro.... but what really works well are Aloha shirts. You just got to experment :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts