Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I'm having trouble deciding what to EDC . I like them all my LC9s ,G43 ,S&W 638 or my G19 .

638 lightest and 5 rounds
G43 7 rounds
LC9S lighter and smaller than G43 and 8 rounds
G19 heaviest and 16 rounds .

G43 ,G19 and LC9s all have n82 tuckable holsters the 638 carried appendixstyle holster .

Help

Attachments

·
Registered
876 Posts
Let your clothes and activity dictate carry piece.

Like I've said before, I like a full size 1911 unless I'm wearing Speedos then I just carry a 1911 commander :)

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
You could go Rambo and carry them all. Get a shoulder rig for the 19, ankle holster for the 638, iwb crossdraw the lc9, and owb the 43 on your hip.
Glad I could help. :D

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I too have four carry guns and have to decide daily. Normally I choose the largest one I can carry depending on what I'm wearing that day. 90° day wearing gym shorts and a tee I'll grab the LCP. Summer carry wearing jeans and shirt it's the SP101. Fall carry under a flannel or sweat shirt I'm wearing the SR40c in an OWB rig. Winter carry under a heavy jacket I prefer my trusty 4" GP100 either on the belt or in a shoulder holster.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
Problems, problems
Life is full of problems. ... :p

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
They're just accessories, match your purce, belt, shoes etc etc...:) I carry a 442 on my ankle and the LC9s Pro in my pocket....nice problem to have! :)

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
This would be the absolute easiest decision for me in the world. 649 all the way. A quick small revolver with five accurate shots and then at the range you can go single action unlike the hammerless or bobbed versions of the same gun. My favorite carry piece. I had mine mag-na-ported and Crimson Trace combat laser grips. Then the worst. I actually let someone talk me out of that fine piece of weaponry and they won't sell it back, Dang. You know how much coin it would take to reproduce that package now? Mama won't let me mortage the house just to buy a gun anymore. Smithy.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I wrestle with this daily. I pocket carry and it's G26 or LCR or LCP.

G26 most capacity, best ballistics, Glock reliability.

LCR revolver reliability, 38+P, lightweight.

LCP smallest and lightest, 8 round with Ruger 7 rd mag, reliable.

LCR is in my pocket right now.

·
Banned
650 Posts
I am one of the carry the biggest gun I can carry crowd. Lots of the time I carry my LCP just because I am to lazy to put a holster on my belt or don't want to be bothered with a heavier gun.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Since the LC9s is the only one I have that's what I would use.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
The real question is which do you shoot the best? I only have two carry choices at the moment, LCR357 and Glock 19. I've never carried the G19 as the LCR is so easy in the front pocket. But I have to admit I shoot the G19 quicker and more accurately so I really need to find a way to easily carry it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i shoot all the same at 5 feet

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
I'd say it depends on your situation...and needs. On the flip side...having just one EDC pistol that is most comfortable for you is important too!

Everyone's different...yet the dilemma remains the same...summer, winter, fall, spring...what am I wearing today and what should I carry to go with it!

For many years, my EDC was a 2.25" SP101 in .357 magnum...then came 9/11...the day I bought my first Glock 23...which sold to buy a Colt 1991A1 Officer's Model, which I carried for more than a few years. Ultimately I sold that and carried a Glock 32 in .357 SIG for a few years. In 2009 I sold everything but 3 (bought 2 back) and have been very selective since then.

My current EDC is a Glock 36...6+1 and can be carried concealed in just about any configuration...me preferring an OWB holster at the 4:00 position. It's just an accurate, easy-shooting, 'thinner' pistol that manages the .45 acp round very well....and did I say accurate...it's more accurate than I?

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
The real question is which do you shoot the best? I only have two carry choices at the moment, LCR357 and Glock 19. I've never carried the G19 as the LCR is so easy in the front pocket. But I have to admit I shoot the G19 quicker and more accurately so I really need to find a way to easily carry it.
check out RDR holsters. I use one for my 1911, IWB it's great.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I have so many carry guns... It allows me to keep buying guns, because I can justify another... "Well, this one would be better, because its smaller, has more capacity, better grip selection, easier to carry"

I recently bought something that I think is ideal. I like snub nosed revolvers, and shoot them well. Capacity is always an issue with a revolver. I bought a Taurus 617. Its the only revolver I know of that has its characteristics. Its a small frame, 7 shot .357 ~ Its the size of the 2" Ruger SP101, but with a 7 shot cylinder the diameter of the Ruger GP100. Perfect. The factory grip is a knuckle buster, but that small grip makes it a manageable size, and it doesnt print very much. I have a Hogue MonoGrip that I swap to when range shooting, then switch back to the original grip for the last few shots. I cut the hammer spur off, because I dont need a shirt hook on a defensive revolver. HKS speedloaders, or Bianchi 8 shot speed strips, and a Kangaroo Carry holster complete the package. This little revolver packs an amazing amount of firepower in a small dependable 28 oz. package.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Just count me in the biggest caliber with the most ammo club. Always prefer my 1911s. However dressing requirements often force me to CCW something more discrete. Never owned a G**ck. I do however like its large cap mags. Nice to have choices.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.