Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is really sad that the US Congress and the NRA would sell us down the river. Congrees I understand but not the NRA.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Well, I don't think you have given this enough thought. I see that you are a Gun Owners of America member, and that is fine. However, your organization and the NRA competes for members. GOA has constantly attacked the NRA since GOA's beginings. In fact, if I am not mistaken, were they not founded by a guy that used to be a NRA board member, but resigned when everyone did not do everything his way? Listen, guys, I am as upset about this as most of you. I don't think everybody not renewing their membership, or resigning is the answer here. Stop and think a moment. Chuck Schumer bragging about how he and the NRA agree on something might be a calculated remark on his part to **** off a lot of gun owners into doing just sort a thing. Schumer is not an idiot. He is a shrewd politician. Now is not the time for all of us to turn our backs on the NRA. As the NRA said, this law actually does not stop anyone that is not already prohibited from buying a gun from buying a gun! I know most of you don't care about how we look to the general public's eye, but honestly, the news media would have had a field day with this if the NRA would have been against it. I can see the headlines now "NRA WANTS PSYCHO"S TO OWN GUNS!" The NRA leadership is pretty savvy about when to fight, and when not to. This is getting blown up way out of proportion, if you ask me.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Pick your battles, and Tim is right-the enemy is trying to divide and conquer here---the NRA is backing a good law, and it makes sense to all who will read it without bias---the anti-gunners will claim a great victory-all we'll be doing is letting reason prevail, and the NRA said if they tack on any crap they'll lobby against it...just as they always have...if we will have gun laws, and we will, let them be as this one is...I don't want crazies buying guns after being adjudged crazy, either...bottom line-since the enema university wouldn't let responsible CCW holders protect themselves and their classmates, this is a move to close the gate after all hell breaks loose...instead of taking responsibility for making a stupid rule...against the existing will of the people expressed in the CCW law.....go figure....

·
Registered
346 Posts
k5wqh,

The NRA is conspiring with the enemy to destroy our gun rights. The GOA and JPFO are correct on this one.
The NRA has sold us down the river. More and more restrictions on our "right to own guns" is not the answer. This mentally ill thing is just another law to keep law abiding people from buying guns. And who is going to determine what disqualifies us to buy a gun. Look at the idiotic Lautenberg law. Thousands were stripped of their gun rights for puney misdemenors that happened years before. Now they want our medical records? The NRA is dead wrong this time.
Criminals, nut jobs, and others will ALWAYS get the guns they want, even after we have been stripped of ours.

And one other thing. Many people consider the NRA a sacred cow that can do no wrong. You better keep your nomex underwear on if you speak out against what the NRA is doing. You will get flamed sooner or later.

Joe

·
Registered
540 Posts
+1 J Miller.

I'm not going to get sucked into arguing the reasonableness of each single piece of legislation the anti's come up with - they KNOW they can make it ALL sound reasonable bit by bit, piece by piece, slowly over time. That is exactly how we got the tens of thousands of gun laws we already have.

My argument is not with the reasonableness of this piece in particular, it is with gun control as a whole.

It seems not many see the folly in allowing the government to relegate, and regulate the rights that protect us from government oppression and tyranny.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I agree with gunman on this. Would rather see the NRA in on this than sitting back and let certain of the Dems tack what they want onto a law that already exists. P---& moaning and fighting among the gun groups does us all little good. If the NRA hadn't been involved, only the Gods know what the final bill would have looked like. Like gunman said, it does not restrict anyone that could buy a gun legally in the first place. JMHO
Baker

1 - 7 of 7 Posts