Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am excited about the new SBHs, but it got me thinking... Could the .480 cylinder be made fit the .500WE? I would probably want to shorten up the ejector and screw on a 4.75 inch Pac-nor. I'm assuming if Freedom could do it with their existing model 83 it shouldn't be a problem with the Ruger? Is there something I'm missing?

·
Banned
1,907 Posts
480 pressure is 48000. Couldn't find the 500 Wyoming express ansi saami pressure. If they're comparable, sounds like a cool conversion!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to FA " In general, the current commercially available
jacketed bullets should be limited to 35,000 psi loads when using the slower burning powders like H110 or WW296. When using the faster powders the pressure should be kept even lower". So I would think you would have some wiggle room even after the bit of mass was lost from opening up the chambers, especially with the "Carpenter Steel" cylinder. COL is 1.765 inches, but I do not have a specimen to measure if that would fit. Man, a .500WE at probably close to half the cost of a FA, all the while not having to worry about weather you can carry with the hammer on a loaded chamber...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts