Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've always heard great things about Cor-Bon ammo, but nobody seems to carry the stuff in my area. When I finally saw some .38spl+p 125gr JHP's at one place, I bought some for my LCR.

Is this a good SD round? I figured if it was, everybody would be raving about it. I haven't been able to find a whole lot online regarding this particular round. Has anyone shot this at the range?

Another question: Why do the casings say "Winchester" on them if it is Cor-Bon brand?

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
I don't want to stand in front of 'em!!!!!
Winchester cases? Because Cor-Bon is basically a custom ammo maker and from time to time use market avialable cases. You can use Cor-bon with full confidence.
I have used Cor-bon in both .40 and .45+P, very stout loads.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't want to stand in front of 'em!!!!!
Winchester cases? Because Cor-Bon is basically a custom ammo maker and from time to time use market avialable cases. You can use Cor-bon with full confidence.
I have used Cor-bon in both .40 and .45+P, very stout loads.
Thanks! I'm just asking because some SD loads don't reliably expand as well as they should. I haven't yet seen anything about my load though, positive or negative.

·
Registered
350 Posts
While I've never shot the .38+Ps you bought, I have extensive experience w/ Cor-Bon 110 Gr. & 125 Gr. HP loads in .357 Magnum, & carry Cor-Bon 200 Gr. LFN .357 Magnum loads in the woods. All are excellent, & I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the brand.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
At 950 fps they should do well. I'm not sure what barrel length that is rated at.

·
Registered
350 Posts
At 950 fps they should do well. I'm not sure what barrel length that is rated at.
The Cor-Bon website claims 950 fps & 251 ftlbs from a 1.875" test barrel. Should more than suffice.

·
Super Moderator
21,697 Posts
I prefer Buffalo Bore 158 gr LSWC/HP-GC's for SD. They chrony 1,037 Ft/Sec average out of my 2 1/4" SP for 377 ft/lbs energy and a momentum of 23.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts