Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
'Pends on which end of the barrel you're on-Corbon is famous for hot, hard-hitting ammo---sounds like you've got a winner...

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
I haven't been able to find any here where I live... But I'd like to try some... All the standard loadings are gobbled up by my P95DPR just fine... You shouldn't have a problem using +P and Corbon are highly rated!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

'Pends on which end of the barrel you're
:D

quote:eek:n-Corbon is famous for hot, hard-hitting ammo---sounds like you've got a winner...
I raise the question because some googling gave results that state that this particular ammo might be too much for this particular gun.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quote:Originally posted by RNettles

I haven't been able to find any here where I live... But I'd like to try some...
Well. I was surprised I found it. At the three places I have asked, they only have Winchester, Remington, and Monarch.

quote:All the standard loadings are gobbled up by my P95DPR just fine... You shouldn't have a problem using +P and Corbon are highly rated!
Will try out this weekend. :D

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
From what research I've done the P-Series will shoot standard, +P and +P+ loadings...

However, if you plan on shooting the +P+ all the time, you may want to check into a stronger recoil spring to asorb the higher slide velocities, to prevent premature frame wear or damage from strong recoil.

But, keep in mind, if you tune your gun for the hotter rounds, you'll find standard rounds will fail to cycle the slide...

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
+1 with Rick and that is ture of all auto's. IMHO I don't see a need for anything above a +p rating. Shot placement is way more important than the speed of the bullet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts