Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased some used grips which I thought would fit my old Single Six. The grips that were with the gun when I got them were some destroyed/melted simulated stag grips and some unfinished walnut grips that my father carved.

The holes for the screw are in a slightly different location on all three grips, but they all seem to fit ok. Can someone look at this picture and tell me if the position of the screw hole is ok? Will it interfere with anything or should I seek out some that I definitely know are factory grips from that era?

Thanks!
20200801_141453.jpg
20200801_141541.jpg

·
Registered
447 Posts
Looks to me like that spring is out of the way and there’s nothing else to worry about. It looks like I’ve been carrying it, needs a little cleaning. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, definitely needs cleaned. Waiting for some 0000 bronze wool to come in, then I'm getting to work on it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yeah, definitely needs cleaned. Waiting for some 0000 bronze wool to come in, then I'm getting to work on it.
Well, you may be like me, I bought mine to use. There ain’t any show ponies amongst my guns. They’re all in good working order, but some of them may be a little dusty, especially if I carry them a lot. Ain’t anything on that girl that won’t clean up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts