Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local gun shop/pistol range had a Labor Day sale on all Rugers.After doing my homework I walked out with a brand new 9e.Can't wait to try this piece out.for the price I don't see how I could go wrong. Have 2 spare mags and 500 rounds of Magtech on the way.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Congrats, nothing wrong with that kind of weakness!

·
Registered
186 Posts
YOU'LL HAVE THAT!!!!

Mine is a good shooting piece of good time. Enjoy, I believe you'll be happy with the weak moment.

·
Registered
173 Posts
You're not weak at all, you're smart to pick it up on a deal.

My 9E is my first striker fire pistol I wasn't expecting that sweet of a trigger.

Happy shooting.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,547 Posts
Congrats! Don't make it sound like it's a bad thing ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Congratulations on the "weakness"! I have been shopping for one myself, and only need to be a tiny bit weaker before it happens. One question - what is the difference between the 9e and the SR9? All I see is the slide material and $100.00, am I missing something? My CCW is a LC9s Pro and I just want a larger 9mm to plink with and make brass to reload, try to shoot the Pro regularly for old my muscle memory as well but you can't have to much fun at 72 years old. :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 9e has no loaded chamber indicator,rear sight is windage adj. only, ships with only 1 mag in a white box with no mag loading tool. Other than that it's the SR9.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Believe it or not, taking the price out of the equation, I chose the 9e over the Sig P320 & the H&K VP9. The 9e just felt better in my hand and shot equal to the other two.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
There's more "weakness" in this joint than when Bubonic Plague hits.

I too am weak.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Congratulations on the "weakness"! I have been shopping for one myself, and only need to be a tiny bit weaker before it happens. One question - what is the difference between the 9e and the SR9? All I see is the slide material and $100.00, am I missing something? ... snip...
Perhaps this will tweak your weakness a little more. ;)

The 9E has both it's sight set at the edge of the slide, unlike the SR9 giving a slightly better sight radius.

Also the slide serrations on the 9E are fewer and wider. The top of the slide is not rounded like the SR9 but flat angle cut.

Finally the 9E is about 1 oz. heavier at 27.2 oz.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts