Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a Super Single Six that was converted to a Bisley.

This is a Super Blackhawk .44 that was converted to a Bisley and had a few other tweeks by David Clements. Grips are by Cary Chapman.

I like lever guns too. My Marlin 1895GS with my .45 c/acp convertable.

And my Super Blackhawk .44 with my .44 Marlin Cowboy.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Boy, I sure like them short barrelled Bisleys!!:D

·
Registered
576 Posts
Nice conversions to Bisleys. I like that stainless Marlin too! I gotta get a stainless 45 convertible with an adjustable rear sight. What kind of grips are those on the convertible? Is that cylinder engraved on the convertible? Nice looking guns, kentdep!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
quote:Originally posted by Ron Honner

Nice conversions to Bisleys. I like that stainless Marlin too! I gotta get a stainless 45 convertible with an adjustable rear sight. What kind of grips are those on the convertible? Is that cylinder engraved on the convertible? Nice looking guns, kentdep!
The grips on the .45 are corian and yes the long colt cylinder is engraved the acp cylinder is not.

I didn't like the looks of the Bisley guns when they first came out. When I actually shot one I was hooked. They fit my hand much better than the standard grip frame and grips.

Jay

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the kind words. I like them too and yes my wife and I shoot CAS matches. It's a riot and another great excuse to buy more Rugers, Marlins and assorted shotguns!

Jay

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Thanks for sharing Mr Kentdep those are some fine looking combinations there. Now back to drooling.

Best,Baldy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Tell us more about that 44 Bisley. Barrel length seems to be longer than 4 5/8", and I like the look of the full length ejector housing. I have a Bisley 45 colt that wants to look just like that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
quote:Originally posted by eastwa

Tell us more about that 44 Bisley. Barrel length seems to be longer than 4 5/8", and I like the look of the full length ejector housing. I have a Bisley 45 colt that wants to look just like that.
That .44 was found at a Police Equipment supplier. It had been turned in for credit. When I found it, it was a standard 7 1/2 SBH. It was missing the rear sight, the front sight suffered from the hands of a poor gunsmith job. The blade was gone and the base was dove tail cut for a .22 rifle sight. Other than that there were some ding marks and the grips had turned black from too much oil.

Needless to say I got it cheap. I had spare Bisley conversion parts laying around. I like the looks of the 4 5/8 guns with the full length ejector rod housings but I wanted a 5 1/2 barrel and I wanted something unique. So I ordered a longer housing from Ruger.

I had worked with David Clements before (see the SSS Bisley conversion above) so I shipped my conversion parts off to Clements for some of his TLC. He cut the barrel at the rear to reduce the barrel cylinder gap, he cut the barrel and mounted the longer ejector rod housing too. He did an action job and tuned it for accuracy. The rear sight is a Bowen target sight. The front sight is a custom by Clements. The base pin is a Bowen part. Clements made a cresant head 5 1/2 ejector rod. The barrel is taylor throated and the grips are by Cary Chapman.

To say the gun shots great is an understatement. Clements and CaryC did a great job.

Jay

1 - 20 of 22 Posts