Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So why is my 357 6.5 a cowboy gun? I love my pistol and do not disrespect it. However folks at range give me that "look". O well, gonna keep taking it and blowing stuff up.

·
Registered
671 Posts
You must shoot around a strange crowd. Nobody gives me a second glance when shooting one of my single action revolvers. Now if you are acting crazy or unsafe with it then I could see the stares.

·
Banned
4,290 Posts
So why is my 357 6.5 a cowboy gun? I love my pistol and do not disrespect it.
OK, I'm picking nits here but, if it's a 6 ½" barrel "cowboy" gun it must be a revolver and they're probably just admiring it. :) If it's a "pistol" with a 6 ½" barrel they're probably just staring at it's size. :D

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
So why is my 357 6.5 a cowboy gun?
Where did you get the idea it's just a 'cowboy' revolver :p . Shop keepers, lawmen, Army, ranchers, farmers, outlaws, etc. all used the Single Action revolver. As good then as it is now :D . Why you get the 'look' is beyond me. We still use 'em out here and enjoy them immensely for fun, protection, and hunting. Trying to think the last time I saw a S&W out at the range.... Been a long time. Of course you always have the pistol guys out there. Guess what I am saying is no strange looks around here! and wouldn't care less if there were ;) .

·
To the Right of Reagan
570 Posts
So why is my 357 6.5 a cowboy gun? I love my pistol and do not disrespect it. However folks at range give me that "look". O well, gonna keep taking it and blowing stuff up.

Let 'em look! :D I carry a 5 lb. rig, which amounts to a shoulder holster with a Ruger Vaquero 7.5 .45 cal. Let 'em look, let 'em look. :)

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Walt who care's if it's a Cowboy gun or not if you are fun blowing stuff up with it!! lol!
Amen. You are using what you like so let them look. So what?

·
Registered
110 Posts
It must be because of where you live. Are you in an urban area?

I go shooting by myself in the national forest. Rather not be bothered by all the gawkers and commotion at a range. I find it too hard to concentrate and get the most out of my shooting....which is hard enough when you're shooting big bore.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Give them something to look at..... :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
I too get looks but they're admiring looks. Always get questions about what it is and caliber. When I take my .41's out and they go boom heads turn. When the range goes cold to change targets I usually have folks wander down to look. Don't regret for one second my choices.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes an urban area just so you know. Everybody has got their high dollar units which I enjoy viewing. so even in the gun world cliques exist.....sad.

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
I get strange looks when I shoot a double action revolver at public ranges. If you shoot a single action revolver people assume you play cowboy or hunt. I have been asked by young sheriff's deputies and police officers why I use such an outdated weapon for self defense. That is when I usually shoot a 3 inch group at 25 yards double action with 357 180 grain loads and say is that okay. Few can do that at 25 yards with a glock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts