Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a bit online about cowboy shooting, it's just come up because I seem to like the types of guns used in that shooting. Particularly lever rifles.

And, I don't know, the costumes and stuff, it all seemed not very appealing to me.

But I saw a thing on cowboy shooting on TV last night, and MAN, does that look fun! Seeing the action on TV, it just looked like a cool way to enjoy shooting. I couldn't believe how fast those guys (and gals) shot those levers!!!

The scenarios were really fun. Some of them started like sitting at a card table, then you have to jump up, kick your chair back and start shootin'! Run out of the saloon, kick a door down, grab your shotgun and take two shots, then grab a rifle and run somewhere else and shoot some more.

I would love to go to an event like this just as a spectator. Not sure if that's likely though, doesn't seem like an east coast thing.

Anyway, any cowboy shooters here? I tip my ten gallon hat to you, that's some fine shooting and good clean fun!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
yes it is Eddie contacr Sass and they have listing of clubs all over the states I be they have one near you. I have a friend that does that and its a family affair where its something for the whole family accrording to him. Never been to one but have thought about it.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Yep, never done it but looks like a lot of fun and a good way to burn up some ammo. There was some talk about starting up a chapter around here but never happened when the landowner backed out due to liability concerns. I watch it on TV whenever I find it. The show "Cowboys" comes on the Outdoor Channel, wednesdays and Sundays, has features on SASS.

www.cowboyactionshooting.org
www.sassnet.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts