Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased a used 10/22 today and after cleaning it discovered the receiver was cracked up the left side from the base through the serial number and part way across the top. Can I send it back to Ruger for repair?

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
Ruger will likely replace your gun. Call them tomorrow and talk to Customer Service. Let us know how it works out!

Ruger Contact

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Talked to Ruger and they said they will replace the rifle. Ships to NH after Thanksgiving so it does not lie on a loading dock too long. Great service from their local plant.
Bruce

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've never ever had a problem with Ruger Customer Service. Last year my son's 20+ year old Ruger MKII had a problem. Shipped it to them on Monday morning and it was repaired and back in his hands on Friday afternoon - repaired and at no cost. That's just one example of how exemplary their service is. You will probably be most impressed.

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
Excellent!

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Glad to hear it worked out for you.

·
Registered
84 Posts
That's probably why that one was for sale. Great that Ruger will replace it and you'll end up with a new one for a used price. How good of a deal did you get on it, if you don't mind my asking?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
$150. It was a 1989 with a nice stock that was deep red. Nice condition. Noticed what looked like a scratch on rear of receiver but turned out to be crack when cleaned.

·
Registered
846 Posts
$150. It was a 1989 with a nice stock that was deep red. Nice condition. Noticed what looked like a scratch on rear of receiver but turned out to be crack when cleaned.
I'm happy for you that Ruger made it good. But I have to ask, did you know the person who tried to dump a rifle with a cracked receiver on you? If the gun had not been a Ruger you'd likely have been stuck with it. Some folks have no morals these days it seems.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I saw what looked like a scratch. Very fine line! When I cleaned it I saw some oil that seeped through the crack. At the price I paid I decided to send it back to Ruger for a free replacement. Must have been a flaw in the casting.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I'm happy for you that Ruger made it good. But I have to ask, did you know the person who tried to dump a rifle with a cracked receiver on you? If the gun had not been a Ruger you'd likely have been stuck with it. Some folks have no morals these days it seems.
Or.. They don't realize it's a crack any more than the buyer did...

Jeff

·
Registered
388 Posts
Wow! That's nasty, do you know if it was ever fired with that?
I wonder if it has cylinder gap gas pressure loss like a revolver.
I might be wrong but I don't think that it would have been that big of a safety issue. The chamber is in the barrel. It should not cause pressure issues. That said, I would not want it with a crack like that in the receiver.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts