Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never purchased a gun outside of a dealers shop, but am interested in a gun advertised for barter on my local Craigslist. While buying anything on CL is a crapshoot (no pun intended) buying a gun presents a different set of concerns. What is the best way to conduct a transaction for a gun on CL? Do I need the services of an FFL dealer? Should the transaction be made at a local police headquarters for safety?

Thanks for any and all suggestions/recommendations.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Craigslist prohibits any gun transactions..if there is one there you should report it on the craigslist page link and if it were me I'd leave it all alone...something is not right.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I don't know about Georgia but here in Shreveport, La. the local law enforcement agencies recommend you conduct the Craiglist firearm transactions at one of their parking lots for your security and the sellers security. They came out with this on the local news several months ago. If the buyer or seller won't meet at a LE parking lot, it would seem kind of shady to me. This also applies to Armslist transactions.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Craigslist prohibits any gun transactions..if there is one there you should report it on the craigslist page link and if it were me I'd leave it all alone...something is not right.
+1!

Around my area, 1 veterans & 1 student have been murdered responding to Craigslist adds.

You show up with the cash to buy something & it does not end well.

Check your local gun shops or estate auctions or pawn shops for deals.;)

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
Moakes hit the nail on the head. They were doing that crap around my area too. Advertise a rare collectable firearm cheap, then rob the guy that shows up with the cash.

If they wont meet me inside the LGS, I call something not right. I wont even sell one online anymore. Its just so much easier and safer to give it to the LGS on consignment. I will gladly give them 10% just to let them deal with the scum bags, and keep them off my property, and unaware of where I live.

Too many druggies and criminals looking for an easy mark.

·
Registered
118 Posts
My or may not..
Where you are matters a lot.
St. Louis,,, maybe not.
Houston, Texas, I've done three trades....
But from other sites. Armslist, Ruger forum,
One advert from craigslist was a shop that sold
auto trim stuff, wheels, electronics, lights...
Owner was depleting his late Brother's collection.
Call and verify.
In front of gun shop, at local PD parking, all good choices.
And if you know someone there, it's better!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts