Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here on the forums and new owner of a SR9c SS. I'm considering the Crimson Trace Laser for it, and would like to ask fellow owners their experiences with it as far as reliability and accuracy especially if you carry in/out of holster. Do you have to constantly adjust? Also, if you can share where to get it at a decent price. The ones I've found are $170+ shipped.

Thanks ahead,
Raul

·
Registered
501 Posts
Testing one in the parking lot of the gun store just for daytime visability, convinced me I had no use for it personally.

·
/Brownster/Blk Dynamite
1,128 Posts
Hey my man, I got one for my sr9c but not using it anymore because I don't like the finger engagement. I had it on my gun for 2 shooting outings. It just feels a bit weird. It may not bother you though. As far as functionality it is flawless. I'll sell you mine if you're interested.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey my man, I got one for my sr9c but not using it anymore because I don't like the finger engagement. I had it on my gun for 2 shooting outings. It just feels a bit weird. It may not bother you though. As far as functionality it is flawless. I'll sell you mine if you're interested.
pm me

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have one on mine and love it.

I did have a problem with mine,got hold of CT and they sent me a new one, this one had

the same problem(when I would fire the gun the laser would cut off.) So rather than send it back I fixed it.Put a small piece of the packing material in the right

side of the battery area.Have not had ANY problem since.. I would still recommend the CT. I have CT'S on 5 diff. guns.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have one on mine and love it.

I did have a problem with mine,got hold of CT and they sent me a new one, this one had

the same problem(when I would fire the gun the laser would cut off.) So rather than send it back I fixed it.Put a small piece of the packing material in the right

side of the battery area.Have not had ANY problem since.. I would still recommend the CT. I have CT'S on 5 diff. guns.
Thanks, if I decice getting one I run into this, will definitely be asking you for details of what you did.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Mine came with one and I have few problems with it. The battery was low when I first bought it but I emailed CT and they sent sent new batteries. I've had to adjust it but had to adjust the rear sights on the gun as well.Since mine came from Ruger with the sight installed it only added $120 to the price.

I practice with both the sights and the laser and am just as accurate with either one at 20-30 feet.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine came with one and I have few problems with it. The battery was low when I first bought it but I emailed CT and they sent sent new batteries. I've had to adjust it but had to adjust the rear sights on the gun as well.Since mine came from Ruger with the sight installed it only added $120 to the price.

I practice with both the sights and the laser and am just as accurate with either one at 20-30 feet.
The gun is very accurate as it is. I haven't fired in over 15 years and my previous gun then was a 380, so I'm by no means a shooter...but after almost 200 rounds with SR9c I missed less than six shots. I guess I'm not concern about the guns accuracy, it is just that I'm planning on using it for basic home defense and think this might help on a given situation since my wife could be the one using it as well.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
message sent

·
Registered
3,855 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have the laser guard on my SR9c and both my wife and I love it. In the daylight you don't notice it much, but in low light conditions it is great. I have never had an issue with the laser, it is just like the gun, it just works.

·
Registered
1 Posts
off topic

I am wondering if anyone knows where I can get a replacement frame for my SR9C. It is all black, but I want to make it two toned with an olive drab frame.

thanks
steve

·
Registered
921 Posts
I asked a local guy at the gun shop and he mentioned the same thing, but he figure out it was the batter that was prematurely corroding.
I had a new battery in mine when I tried it andI took the battery out several times and put in back in thinking it could be the battery but I think the problem was comeing from something else

·
Registered
203 Posts
When I had first got mine I wasn't too thrilled with it but after a year now I'm very happy with it. It holds zero well, even as a ccw. In the day time any red laser is pretty much useless to me but indoors or during low light conditions it works very well. I also like that there are holster options for this setup, I use a Mitch Rosen owb and a Theis iwb depending on what I'm wearing. My only gripe with this laser is that there is no on/off switch other than the pressure pad. Overall I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

I ended up paying about $120 for mine when CT offered a $50 rebate and Opticsplanet.com had the best price at the time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts