Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The long title says it all. I wonder if anybody else has gone this direction with a bolt gun or any rifle. Was it a good idea? Would you do it again?

·
Banned
81 Posts
I have the same problem anymore. Mine came on with age. I patch my right eye when I shoot

·
Registered
4 Posts
I grew up left handed but i learned to shoot right handed i even shoot a right handed bow its all about training your eyes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an intresting story about ruger guns.My house burned down a few years ago and I had a mark ii pistol in it and it got filled with synthetic from other guns it sat in abox for 4 years and one nite i threw it in a oven on 400 degress for 1 hr then i wasable to get it apart i cleaned it for 2days then i loadedit and fired a full clip thru it and it never jamed once i still shoot it till this aday talk about quality

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same for me. I just switched my strong side to the right and love it. Having both eyes open is a real advantage. I do admit that I bat, shoot bow and several other things righty, but I write, eat and most things lefty.
Happy Holidays.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Same for me. I just switched my strong side to the right and love it. Having both eyes open is a real advantage. I do admit that I bat, shoot bow and several other things righty, but I write, eat and most things lefty.
Happy Holidays.
Yeah, I bat and golf left handed but everything else is right hand. I've shot with both eyes open for years and when I shoot handguns left-handed I make very tight groups. However, for weapons retention purposes I carry on my right side. I still shoot pretty well doing the whole,cross dominant thing, in fact, I recently went through yearly qualifications with my department and scored a 95.

Well anyway, I've got a gun show coming to my area in about 8 days and need to decide if I'm going to get a righty or lefty Scout. So again, does anyone have experience being right-handedlleft-eyed and operating a lefty bolt gun??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.