·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Listing ? removed.
(Or not working for me).

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
It clamps around the receiver in the front with the part that appears to be a partial ring and then uses the rear sight dovetail in the back. Not the best setup, but they work, though they won't compare to a weigand or a standard weaver style base as supplied by Ruger with their target models. You aren't missing anything, now that you are having your Mark drilled and tapped.

·
Registered
947 Posts
The mount uses the existing target adjustable rear sight base as the attaching point. Once properly installed this type of scope base is very stable. It is designed as a "No Gunsmithing" mount for pistols that do not have Ruger scope mounting holes in the receiver. It does cause the scope to sit high on the receiver, but no higher than comparable "No Gunsmithing" mounts by MGW or Weigand.

To install you must first remove the adjustable sight assembly by drifting the solid pivot pin and then remove the elevation adjustment screw. Leave the target sight mounting base firmly attached in the dovetail slot. The Weaver scope rail is secured via screw into the elevation sight screw hole in the adjustable sight base. The semi-circular ring provides another point of contact to help support the scope mount on the receiver.

This Weaver scope mount will work on any Mark II or Mark I series pistol with a target adjustable rear sight. This scope mount will not fit on a Mark III series pistol due to the LCI; the forward ring mounts over the slot of the swinging indicator lever of the LCI.

When they are in stock these normally sell for around $40 retail. Weaver Mount Scope Base Ruger Mark I Mark II #306 Gloss

R,
Bullseye

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Bullseye really just curious since I have never seen one and thought everyone else would also like to see it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts