Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Wood grips I made to look similar to the factory grips, but they're bigger than the factory grips / they're basically customized ebay wood grips. They're not completely done -I plan to make the wood grain part look better.

Those grips look great! How is the feel? Is that a 4 inch barrel? Mines 2.5 in snubby.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, Customf1
They feel solid. Those guys on ebay selling them do a good job with the fit.
I can get my whole hand on them. The stock ones are too short and my pinky finger hangs off causing a bunch more barrel snapping up with 357 than there is with these bigger grips.
Yes, it's the 4.2" 357 sp101.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I fixed the wood grain I was telling about - got rid of the rest of the checkering and put some tru oil on it. I thought I was all finished with it, but found out the paint I used isn't resistant to the Hoppe's #9 cleaning solvent I use. :( So back to the drawing board to find flat black paint that will hold up the Hoppe's. Any suggestions for flat black paint?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thanks, Customf1
They feel solid. Those guys on ebay selling them do a good job with the fit.
I can get my whole hand on them. The stock ones are too short and my pinky finger hangs off causing a bunch more barrel snapping up with 357 than there is with these bigger grips.
Yes, it's the 4.2" 357 sp101.
I admire you for customizing those grips yourself . Not everyone has those skills . I’m sure you’ll be proud of the finished product .

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I admire you for customizing those grips yourself . Not everyone has those skills . I’m sure you’ll be proud of the finished product .
It's more me not being able to leave anything alone, especially guns. I usually mess with stuff until I mess it up, but thanks, man. :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts