Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting Gents

I just recently bought 10/22 TD. I want to be able to use the hollow space in my stock to keep cleaning supplies in it. However, the stock butt plate is glued on. Are there any after market stock out for the 10/22 TD yet that have this feature?

If not, do you have any suggestion as to what is the best way to modify the stock? I though about cutting a hole in the back and using a slip over rubber butt but the rear is too curvy to make that work well.

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Turn Key.

I have seen this but I'm interested in a full stock that has a hollow pocket to store cleaning supplies. I can't seem to find any after market stocks for the Take Down that has this feature. I may have to make a custom one but I want to explore my options before I do.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Don't

I would not do that. You will be screwing around with the balance of the weapon and to me that is not a good thing. I have one and I like it just how it is.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Greeting Gents

I just recently bought 10/22 TD. I want to be able to use the hollow space in my stock to keep cleaning supplies in it. However, the stock butt plate is glued on. Are there any after market stock out for the 10/22 TD yet that have this feature?

If not, do you have any suggestion as to what is the best way to modify the stock? I though about cutting a hole in the back and using a slip over rubber butt but the rear is too curvy to make that work well.

Thanks
Welcome to the forum.

Alas, t the present time there are very few aftermarket stocks of any kind for the 10/22 TD. I would like to have a Hogue over-molded stock for my 10/22 TD. There are some custom-made stocks and a few "tac-style" aftermarket stoke, and that's all for right now! I think that it will just take some time until the manufacturers realize that there is a marketing.

Good luck with you 10/22, and enjoy it.

Ymmv.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently acquired a TD stock from AGPArms. Though its not a perfect fit as I had to file down the portion of the stock where the locking mechanism is located. Otherwise, I am perfectly happy with it.

Ciao
Noel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts