Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
damn bro the black one looks sweet, you should have dropped in the reciever and barrel to see what it looks like with stainless

·
Registered
144 Posts
Nice accomplishment. But whats the point to having that 'floating barrel' deal for? If I were looking for something like I'd be more on the side of a typical target stock. I reminds me of people putting fins on trucks. There is a market for the flashiness, but I dont expect to to be too large.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
You want the truth or the sugar coated version?
looks nice and well made but a bit too fancy for me..
Nice accomplishment. But whats the point to having that 'floating barrel' deal for? If I were looking for something like I'd be more on the side of a typical target stock. I reminds me of people putting fins on trucks. There is a market for the flashiness, but I dont expect to to be too large.
Looks like a 'city' gun to me. How does it feel in your hands?

·
Registered
9,170 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Stock, are theses for sale

Are these for sale

OTE=BullseyeDave;763981]Check out the custom stocks I make. What do you guys think?

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nice accomplishment. But whats the point to having that 'floating barrel' deal for?
If you don't know... it would be hard to explain to the vastly uninformed. It has to do with accuracy... a function of "heat"... barrel-rifling... centrifical force... balistics... and barrel-whip. The most extremely-accurate sniper rifles... have a space between the barrel and stock. A space that you can take a dollar-bill... and slide down, plumb to the receiver....

I can take a dollar-bill... and slide it down under my Volquartsen custom barrel, with a McMillan thumbhole stock... all the way down to the receiver. The space is there.

I think the OP's stocks look great... and extremely functional.

If you want to see some similar stocks... go to Volquartsen and take a look. The OP's stocks are right in-line. Wished I had one for my 10/22.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts