Ruger Forum banner

Customizing RUGER CHARGER

3K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Gun Addict 
#1 ·
Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel

It’s a work in progress, but I’m enjoying it. Dropped in Volquartsen Trigger today. Just waiting on my FDE Brace from https://customsmithmfg.com/ I have FDE Tailhook ready to mount on Brace and it will be done for now. (Waiting on SRD9 Approval and that should be the final item.) I’d love to hear your thoughts on customizing the CHARGER!

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks! I’m excited about the Brace getting here. That will be in a few days. I’d be all set if I could bust out my Suppressor from ATF&E Jail. 😡 I’ve already had a blast, so it will just get better. BTW, I highly recommend the Volquartsen Trigger! 😁

#14 ·
Trigger installation is 5 minutes. Pull out a couple pins and remove factory trigger and then drop in Volquartsen. As for performance, I have an addiction to perfect triggers. I use VELOCITY drop in triggers on all ARs, VANEK on all Glocks, etc. I note that for context: the Ruger Trigger was really pretty good! It was definitely better than 98% of triggers from any factory. Weight was between 4 1/2 - 5 pounds with no significant pre-travel to mention and a sweet reset. Many brag on the stock trigger and they have reason to do so. Now then, my addiction (lol) always has to pursue trigger perfection. For the 22 Caliber or 9mm Charger, VOLQUARTSEN is Perfection! 2 1/4 pound trigger pull with no measurable pre-travel and a reset that is superb. IMHO, it doesn’t get any better - Period! I’ve fired hundreds of rounds through it from a variety of manufacturers and I’ve had absolutely zero problems. No light strikes from any manufacturer! This will be one of my bedroom guns or truck guns, with SRD9 Suppressor. Before I trust my life to anything, I always test it with the ammo I plan to use; in this case it’s Gold Dot 147 Grain and 124 Grain + P. I also fed it everything from Golden Sabre to Hornady. I even tried my competition ammo from Atlanta Arms and had no problems. I trust my life to it! And it makes accurate shooting and rapid fire shooting so much better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.