Ruger Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks like maybe a little improvement possible if you were to grind the rear sight blade down to flush , then file in a new notch.
But , in reality ALL front sights on short barreled guns appear tall . Not as noticeable on longer barreled guns but to accommodate barrel rise under recoil the barrel is actually pointing under the target before firing .
Look at this tall sucker and it is the normal sight channel !

Out of the box thought ? Maybe the barrel needs a rib ?
Often tall sights are camouflaged by a barrel rib. When no rib is present even a factory sight can look tall.

The Virginian Dragoon was maybe the best at hiding an adjustable sight in a SAA type frame .
But their front sight was not shy either .

Perhaps the visual is not what you planed , but maybe it just is what it is.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Mo-stuff that's an interesting look on that vaquero. What is the history on that conversion?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Simply put it was a Buba rescue ,,,,, by another Bubba.
In a past life the ejector housing screw became stripped and Bubba number one tried to weld it on. When Bubba number two (me ) got it the housing was gone again but a large blob of weld bead remained on the barrel.
I have always been curious about snubby Sheriffs so ,,,,,,

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I've had that same curiosity myself. I've got a fixed sight stainless single six 22 mag that I have been fighting the urges to send off and have the barrel cut down to 2.5 inches. The plowhandle grip frame rounded off a set of stag grips and some engraving done. Another one of my crazy ideas for a just for fun gun.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts