Ruger Forum banner

Cylinder latch marks, New model Vaquero

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  twodogs 
#1 ·
I hate cylinder latch marks around my cylinder! I had to take the gun apart and just slightly stone a radius on the latch edge to keep from cutting in, as this gun had more than just drag marks. Also note that in the Instruction Manual (Page 15 in mine), it states "To help prevent scoring of the cylinder, when closing the loading gate be sure that a chamber is directly aligned with the barrel. This can be achieved by rotating the cylinder so that a cylinder flute is equally spaced on either side of the top strap, closing the loading gate, and then verifying that the cylinder is locked in place". I guess this would keep the cylinder latch from pinging the cylinder when the loading gate is snapped shut. Every time you cock the hammer, the lock work does it's thing, and the cylinder latch must drag on the cylinder, which can't be helped. All we can do is make it as smooth as possible. Be sure to just smooth up the edge of the latch as not to distort its locking surface any. Anyone else having this problem, or got any ideas? KERMIT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.