Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who own both, or even have shot both, which do you prefer, and why? (Don’t say both- that’d be nice, but I’m recently retired and need to get one at a time).

·
Righteous Dude
21,487 Posts
I like and have both.

I like the feel of the CZ better than the 92... Unless the Beretta has the Vertec frame (like the m9a3) then it's a tough call.

I think I like the CZ trigger best (standsrd or Omega) though Beretta is good especially with seapped springs. Beretta has surplus mags available for cheap which is nice for the range.

The open slide on the Beretta is appealing aesthetically. But they both look classy.

Personally, I would get a Beretta first and then a CZ, I think. Tons of options and variations for each brand (CZ 75, compact, SP01, P01; Beretta 92fs, 92s, M9, M9a1, M9a3, and so on).

Both are excellent. Tough call.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Hold both. The CZ-75 fits me, the 92 is too fat!
I agree. The CZ has one of the most ergonomic grip of any pistol, the Beretta, not so much. CZ magazines aren't very expensive either. Mec-Gar makes them and the prices are reasonable and the quality excellent.

·
Super Moderator
4,014 Posts
Had both. Prefer the Beretta. Agree with Neon Horse. The Vertec grip on the M9A3 fits me like a glove. I'm a Sig fan but the M9A3 is so good I got rid of my Sig P226's. My CZ75 was a compact version. Good pistol but it didn't wow me. Full disclosure I also have an older 92FS and a newer PT96. I came back around to Beretta 92/96 after about a 20 year hiatus. I'm a big fan these days. YMMV

·
Registered
84 Posts
Own a CZ 75 sp01. CZ points well for me, I shoot it better than other semi autos, it's all steel which I like but makes it heavier, trigger is good and can be made better. Have a lgs that has good prices on CZ.

Would like a Beretta 92 but once I bought my CZ I haven't been motivated to buy another 9 mm semi auto. I've shot a 96 that had been improved. CZ fits me better and points well.

I'm not sure you can go wrong. Get the one you like.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I have a Beretta 92FS and a CZ75B Omega. I like them both but with medium-sized hands the CZ fits better.

I have the CZ set up with a decocker, the Beretta has the normal slide mounted safety. I hate the slide mounted safety and I wouldn’t and don’t CCW the Beretta for this reason.

I have a nice IWB holster for the CZ and though it’s not my normal carry gun, I can carry it and have. They are both great at the range.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't think you could go wrong with either, I have shot both and prefer the CZ. It felt all around better and easier to shoot.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,010 Posts
I've owned a couple Beretta 92Fs …. excellent guns but I really like my CZ 75b better so the Berettas found a new home. Partly because my 75B is stainless steel but mostly because it is the least ammo fussy 9mm pistol I have ever seen. I have fired many different brands of ammo, different bullet weights, some reloaded, some commercial factory loads and some Mil-surp ammo. I've never has a single malfunction of any sort. I can't say the same about the 92F because it has jammed on me several times.

One of the really nice features of the 75b is … you can use it like a conventional DA pistol where it is carried with the hammer down and a round chambered, DA first shot, SA second and after …. or you can carry it like a 1911 with the hammer cocked, round chambered and safety on. I like this mode because the first shot and all other shots are single action. Accuracy wise, I think my CZ edges out the Beretta by just a little. My CZ came with checkered rubber grips …. not my cup of tea so I ordered a nice set of laser checkered wood grips than look nicer but mostly they feel great. Just recently, I bought the sister to my CZ 75b …. a CZ P07 …. also a 9mm with an Omega trigger but with a polymer frame. I've had a CZ P40 for several years (40 S&W), which is also an excellent pistol. I don't think you can go wrong with either the Beretta or the CZ …. get the one that fits you best.

Here's my CZ75b

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I shot both before I decided on the CZ 75B. The CZ grip just feels better and after I swapped out the grip panels for some slim ones, it got even better.

Both were equally as accurate.

Both are good looking guns...I favor the CZ a bit more, the Beretta seems to be missing some of its slide to me :)

If you aren't going to be sending the gun to a smith for trigger work, I would suggest the Omega model as the trigger is much better out of the box.

This is my CZ 75b

·
Registered
146 Posts
Like many I have both

The ergonomics of the CZ grip is amazing, by far the most confortable of any double stack pistol. But I have large hand so I am also at ease with the Beretta.

I’d go with the Beretta, but probably for sentimental reasons. Well I also shoot it marginally better.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I have shot both but owned neither. I preferred the CZ mainly because of the differences in the single action trigger pull. Both DA pulls are similar, but the SA of the CZ is shorter, while the SA of the Beretta was as long as the DA (though lighter).

I also like the idea of being able to carry condition 1

·
Registered
157 Posts
I own a 75B, but the P-07 is on my bucket list.

The CZs are something of an ergonomic wonder. They seem to fit everyone. They are the only pistols besides 1911s that feel right to me, even though they are nothing like the 1911. I like the 75B, but I also like the P-07, and in general I do not like plastic guns, but the P-07 handles like a dream. I'm not that crazy about the trigger on the 75B but I can still shoot it accurately. I love the trigger on the P-07.

I do not own a Beretta, because it is too clunky for me. Not as clunky as a Block, er, I mean Glock though.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
My vote for the CZ. Big fan of the SP01. Love the ergonomics and trigger.
That being said I have a CZ clone the Canik P120. A bit smoother and better trigger than my former 92 and my buddies SP01. The 92 just doesn't fit my hand nearly as well.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts