Ruger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Grand Inquisitor
1,670 Posts
Had my eye on the 92 Inox for a while. Fits my big mitts fine.

Question to those who know both: what are the differences in the feed ramps between the two pistols?

·
Super Moderator
16,195 Posts
CZ 75b for me. Have had opportunity to shoot (and acquire) several Beretta 92 models over the years, but just never felt comfortable in my hands.

Here is my stainless model :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 92 Compact and a CZ SP01 (which is a 75 with rail). I would say that the 75 is a better choice, but not dramatically so.

I think the CZ has better grip ergonomics, and the trigger can be worked to be superior to the 92. Additionally, the 92's slide-mounted de-cocker can make for some painful malfunction clearance drills as you rip your racking hand back along the slide (although the PX-4 is worse).

The strike against the 75 is that since the slide rides inside the frame's rails (rather than outside like the Beretta or Sig), the gripping surface on the slide for reloads/malfunction clearance is reduced.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don’t think you will regret getting a CZ my CZ 97b is the most accurate handgun I own, and my 75 b omega tactical is very close. Both can be carried cocked and locked, and feel right in the hand, neither have ever malfunctioned

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a Beretta and a Browning Hi Power, which the CZ is similar. The Browning is a natural pointer as I am sure the CZ is. Question is what trigger is best.

·
Registered
11 Posts
cz vs beretta

What's your purpose for the gun?

The Beretta has a reputation for jam-proof reliability, proven by the military, some say on account of the open slide, though I'm not sure why that would be so. The CZ is also in use by numerous police and militaries. Can't say one beats the other for self defense, although the smaller CZ grip fits me better.

For play, the CZ wins hands-down in my book. The SP01 is chosen by a LOT of action pistol folks. (The Tactical and Shadow also, but they cost way more.) For speed the weight up front reduces muzzle flip, and improves accuracy in slow fire. The base 75B is cheaper and has the same mechanics.

But for me (and it's all personal) the real advantage is that simply swapping to a $60 competition hammer and possibly swapping a spring or two makes the CZ S/A trigger exceptionally good- about 3lbs and smooth as can be. Google CZ Custom and Cajun Gun Works for details.

It's my most accurate gun. :) I never pick up the Beretta any more.:(

·
Registered
372 Posts
I think you should try to rent or borrow one of each and try them out. Everyone is going to have their own opinion about how the fit the hand and how well they point for ach individual. I vote for the Beretta myself.

I have tried hard to like the CZ 75, I do like the looks and even the way it fit my hand best, but after owning one three different times over the past 25-30 years, I finally realized the CZ is just not for me. I have a very similar issue with Glocks. I know both are good, and even great guns, but neither point well nor can I hit well with either one.

Can't say why for sure in either case. The 92FS is a fatty in my hands, but acceptable with the thinnest of grips, but boy does it shoot good for me. Might be my most accurate handgun (pistol), and even the Beretta PX4 is a dead nuts on shooter for me. Again, I can't say why.

My best advise is to try them and see how you like them. Youn may decide you like both, or you may not like either. But after owning at least 3 CZ 75's, all are gone, and the 92 remains a favorite.

Best of luck in making your own decision.

·
Registered
234 Posts
My vote is for the CZ75B. I have owned mine since 1996, and it has run flawlessly. I prefer Steel Framed service pistols, and then there was that issue with slide cracks in the Beretta 92 with high round counts.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,801 Posts
Own a Beretta 92FS and Wilson Combat Beretta Centurion without the trigger action job. Love both of these guns and have fondled a few CZ's in my day and will stick with the Berettas.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tough call, I have the CZ P10C and the M9a3 threaded. So IMHO if you are looking at these, it's because like me, your hand is not large. The 92 is too "fat" the M9a3 is a perfect fit and is a beautiful functional gun.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have shoot both many times.
The CZ-75 was originally a communist block copy of the Browning Hi-Power. So it has a very good design and functionality.
The thing that I don't like is that the CZ-75 slide sits/runs inside the frame. This makes the slide shorter and harder for my old hands to grip.
From my experience, I would recommend the full-sized CZ-75 in Single Action Only (SAO) but that is only my preference.

My Berreta 92FS' were manufactured in Italy and have more metal parts than the current USA made parts (such as guide rod). Most USA manfuacturing was in Maryland but when Maryland started restricting the manufacturing that Beretta could do in Marland, at the Beretta factory, the company moved to Tennessee. I prefer the newer firearms made in Tennessee.
The 92FS has a taller/full-size slide. It is easier for me to grip and shuck.

Both grips are good for me. The 92FS fills my hand better.
Both are accurate and fine firearms. You won't go wrong with either but you will probably find that one is better for your shooting experience.

I have medium-sized hands (according to glove sizes) and I prefer the Beretta 92fs. While

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,010 Posts
hiketheball, I have a Browning Hi Power and a CZ 75b and I can assure you, the CZ is NOT a copy of the Browning. They are both hi-cap 9mm pistols but that's about where the similarity stops. Internal parts are radically different. Here's my Browning HP:

·
Registered
146 Posts
One of the main difference of the CZ is that the slide rides inside the frame, like a Sig P210, whereas the FN and many others have it the other way around.

·
Super Moderator
4,014 Posts
Seems I was confused. I previously mentioned that I briefly owned a CZ75 compact and I sold it because it didn't wow me. Ahem......it wasn't a CZ75 it was a Beretta 92 compact. Which, in retrospect, makes more sense because it was so similar to a full size 92 that the difference didn't impress me all that much.

Anyway, all this CZ75 talk resurrected my mild interest. It was always a gun I knew was a fan favorite but it was not a gun I had got around to seriously considering yet. No reason. Too many guns in the world and not enough time/money to get to them all. Long story short I ordered a CZ75B matte stainless. I considered the high polish version but when I saw and handled the matte version I preferred it. Plus the matte version had night sights whereas the high polish stainless one didn't. I'll pick it up in a couple of days.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Agree with most here!

I have to agree with most here- try to hold both before deciding. I had a Wilson-Beretta and have a CZ-75 Shadow Target, and for me, the Beretta was simply too fat a grip for me with the double stacked mag. I have small hands. Fit to your hand is the first criteria towards a good gun for YOU.

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
For those of you who own both, or even have shot both, which do you prefer, and why? (Don’t say both- that’d be nice, but I’m recently retired and need to get one at a time).
Come up to the CZ demo in Wausau on Apr 25th or down to Racine on May 30th.

If you tell me you are coming, I will bring a Beretta 92 for you to compare with the CZ 75.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts