Ruger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I certainly like mine. Replaced the slippery aluminum grips with the rubber alternative.
Found extra CZ mags about 6 months ago. Maybe I should get extra parts as I like
to shoot this guy.

Air gun Trigger Grey Line Gun barrel

·
Registered
270 Posts
I had one and for me it was just ok. Did not love it or hate it so I sold it. I recently picked up a sar k2 45. Basically a cz 75 in a 14 round 45 acp configuration. So far so good.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Glad I bought one. Most accurate .45 I own. It's a heavy beast, the plus side is it soaks up recoil making successive shot's easy. For some reason CZ has discontinued a LOT of guns. Check their website. I would guess the 97 just didn't sell enough. Never inexpensive, so beat out by lower dollar .45's is my guess. Watch the prices sky rocket now.
Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
634 Posts
Always wanted a CZ75 in either Matte or polished finish. Would swap out the sights and grips but by then
I'd be in to it enough for a decent 1911. (At that time) Always were tough to nail down in stock too. Just
wasn't meant to happen I guess.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A post on a CZ forum speculates why continue the 97 series when you now own the competition, 1911 series.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Always wanted a CZ75 in either Matte or polished finish. Would swap out the sights and grips but by then
I'd be in to it enough for a decent 1911. (At that time) Always were tough to nail down in stock too. Just
wasn't meant to happen I guess.
Tell you what, I ja e a few decent 1911's and the 97b I ha e is a shooting MACHINE. Its as accurate as, and way more than, a lott of 1911's Ive shot. Id probably never sell the one I own, I love that thing. If I want to see how accurate a load is I put it in my 97. Ive fully Cajunized all of my CZs but even stock theyre very reliable and accurate guns.
I had not heard about the big 97 being dropped. No it never was a good seller and its not suited for all shooters but its the best 45acp caliber handgun I own. Yes, I believe I can say that. Its as reliable as my DW (CZ) Valor and believe it or not it is more accurate. It shoots so soft its unreal.
Wow, theyve dropped the 97! CZ does do that alot but usually it from the DW line, the actual CZ branded guns not so much.

I did just buy 2 more mags for it, I have 6 now, 2 new recoil springs, 2 new extractor springs and a new hammer spring. I guess Its time to visit CGW and CZ and buy even more spare parts.

Makes me want to take the 97 to the range. And I think I will.

·
Registered
13 Posts
"a shooting MACHINE. Its as accurate as, and way more than, a lot of 1911's Ive shot. Id probably never sell the one I own, I love that thing." " It shoots so soft its unreal.

I couldn't agree more Bill 68. Mine is a BD model made in 2020. The only thing I changed was to put a pair of LOK palm swell bogie grips on it and it made it even better. I bought some 45 reloads at a gun show, they are 230gr HP and they have a sharp nose on them. They turn most of my 1911s into jam-o-matics but the 97 gobbles them like candy. I've tried wadcutters, frangible and different hollow points and can't make the 97 choke. Definitely a keeper, especially now they quit making them.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sammyrye, LOK grips make some nice grips dont they? Eventually Ill get around to getting a set myself. I was thinking about the palm swells too but not the bogies, whats the other ones? Cant think of the name. Ive never really liked the factory aluminum ones. They look great but are too thin, especially on the right side. Another thing is sights. Want to have a gun that akmost nobody offers sights for? Get a 97. Shame too. I think CZC, Dawson, CGW and HiViz are the only ones. And even they dont offer many, like 1 choice each. CZCustom offers the best sights for CZs overall.

Here we go with YouTube again but there is a guy who has a small channel there and he is a CZ lover and has some nice ones, plus he seems to be a great shooter, of course my CZs make me look like a good shooter too but he takes his 97 and will shoot steel at these insane distances, and will ring that steel plate with consistency.
CZs are just good guns in my opinion. Now Im talking about the all metal guns. Ive never shot any of those P7, p10 or whatever the plastic ones are. I dont think I could own one either, they just ugly. I cant speak to those but the 75 and all of its variants and descendants, including the 97, are about as reliable, accurate and good looking as the come in my opinion. Ive owned and shot alot of them too.
The big 97 IS a bit different though, but still very similar where it matters.
I had always considered having the CGW 1911 bushing conversion (E-conversion) done to it but now Im not sure. So far the only things Ive done to it are reversible and I could easily return it to factory condition. Perhaps, if it were to increase a little in value, having one thats unmodified would be the best situation.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have the stock trigger in mine, and it's not the greatest. Not heavy but quite a bit of creep. The action is the smoothest I've ever felt on a pistol.
After putting the rear EZD sight on mine, I just hated the rear stock sight, I found the stock round hammer was hard to manipulate. So I also put the Cajun race hammer kit in, It made it even better.

·
Registered
13 Posts
"Now Im talking about the all metal guns. Ive never shot any of those P7, p10 or whatever the plastic ones are. I dont think I could own one either, they just ugly."

I've owned both the P10C and a OD Green P07. I liked certain things about both of them but was offered enough to let them go. I only have 3 pistols that aren't all steel. A couple HKs and a discontinued model of the IWI Jericho PSL 9mm. The Jericho fits my hand good and is like a cross between a CZ and an HK. Slide to frame fit like a CZ and a polygonal rifled barrel like HK along with it being hammer fired. The folks at IWI have to make good stuff, their lives depend on it and I can use CZ 75 mags. Which is handy since I have a SP 01 Tactical on my nightstand ;).

·
Registered
159 Posts
Dont get me wrong I dont have anything against polymer guns but CZs just strike me as butt ugly, they may be good funs but Ill never know. Since Im not fighting a war with them my guns are like a woman, there has to be that initial attraction for me to pick it up. You may find later on that the inside doesnt quite match the outside and there begins to be a bunch of malfunctions. But yes, I like pretty guns.

Do you like the EZD sight Zardos? Why are all of the common CZ replacement sights so ugly too? czc Makes the best looking ones but few for the 97 line, of course you can always have the slide milled to accept almost any of them but geez that gets pricey fast. Ive thought about getting one of the EZD sets, do you mind posting a few good pics of yours?

Ive got the old combat trigger from the 85 I think it was? Again, a sweet component. Its got overtravel and takeup adjustments to it. I just couldnt bring myself to get anything but the best I could for the 97, I love the gun that much and I just cant find anything negative to say about it. Its just about perfect for the 45acp. Oh sure I could gripe about the 10 round magazine and why CZ or anyone else hast come out with a little higher capacity mag for it but hey, those 10 rounds of 200gr XTPs smokin along at 990fps is gonna bring the hate, and the hurt but for such a large handgun a few more rounds would be a nice bonus. A follower and spring rework would seem to be pretty easy for someone smarter than myself. Dont want no mag extensions just a flush fit mag with 12 or 13 rounds, preferably 13.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts