Ruger Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
I like CZ firearms (including Dan Wesson) a lot. I suspect they'll turn that train wreck called Colt into a viable company that produces excellent firearms with excellent customer service. I welcome it.
Not going to hold my breath, but I DO hope you're right. They need to dump all the Colt "freeloading" upper management.

I have a few (older than I am) Colts that have been passed down to me over the years. Got lucky with a couple (one a Goldcup) I bought close to 50 years ago that are still great shooters.

·
Registered
8,703 Posts
Colt and CZ danced before in the late 90's.

So who does that leave as large US gun companies? Ruger and Mossberg
what about Hi Points ... oh wait did i just say that out loud ... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
@dlbind ......notice I said LARGE.

I did miss Savage and Henry though. I thought S&W was owned by a foreign group, has that changed? Remington is bankrupt
S&W is an independent company again as far as the SEC is concerned. It was part of Outdoor Brands but they spun it back off last year. Remington (with all its associated brands) was broken up in bankruptcy court last year but the Remington brand of firearms (not ammo, that went to Vista), and the New York factory are once again making guns and are a US company.

·
Registered
711 Posts
My first and only CZ 75 was a piece of junk, would miss fire more often than it would fire. Found out the firing pin hole had been machined .050" off center. CZ repaired it but I traded it as soon as I got it back.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,664 Posts
For you naysayers .... let's give this a chance and see what happens. If CZ doesn't turn things around with Colt, you can complain all you want. Until then ......

Reactions: Sr40ken

·
Registered
783 Posts
I am hopeful myself. Colt and I have a love-hate relationship. I only own 2 of them and both are older models.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Self-inflicted. Colt pissed me off when they insisted on releasing ARs that makes use of non-standard parts (iE: front take down pin, SA only BCGs and "commercial" size receiver extension). When they sat on their laurels and banked on their name and their overpriced 1911s and AR15s to keep them liquid, I was wondering if they were making a mistake. When other companies started offering improved 1911s and AR15s at a much more affordable price, I knew Colt was on their way out especially since they kept their prices ridiculously high.

But when they started pushing the "Smart Gun" technology with the Klintonites, I knew I would never look at another Colt product. Had they used those millions of dollars they used for that stupid endeaver to do R&D for something newer and more relevant, maybe they could have come up with products that people wanted. Harley-Davidson isn't far behind.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts