Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys have to say about CZ firearms, particularly bolt rifles? I fired one yesterday, and it seemed remarkably accurate. It was a .17 though.

Also, maybe the handguns.

·
Registered
880 Posts
There's a CZ P-01 around here....NATO spec, 9-m/m...evolved from th' CZ-75...

Shoots 'bout anything. Action is SLICK! Weapon is accurate. Ergonomics are, well...at least fer' me...perfect.
I like 'em. Never owned one that didn't feel and shoot great. Like Rugers, probably one of th' most-undervalued lines out there.

When the CZ-75 first got to the USA...before the Soviet Union collapsed...IF you could find one...twas' VERY pricey indeed.

I'll probably end up with another variant before too long. I have qualified with, and carry the P-01 on duty from time-to-time. Did so today, as a matter of fact!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 452 American 22LR and it is much more accurate than I am.
Think of CZ as a European Ruger, great value for the price paid.
The pistols just feel better in my hand than most others.

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
Dealer around the corner loves CZ. I would say they have over 500 CZ rifles in stock. The guys there swear by them. I've never heard anything bad about them.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Their pistols such as the 75pcr, 85, 83 and the kadat conversion kit are tops. As far as their mdl 527 centerfire rifles, they have a set trigger feature that is absolutely amazing. About the only thing i don't like is the mechanics of the safety on the 527.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I was looking at some of their handguns today for a new CCW. I wanted to check out the CZ 100 but they didn't even know what I was talking about when I asked. My only complaint with them, as far as CC is concerned, is they're really thick. I liked the CZ 75 Compact a lot, I don't know if I could get used to the thickness though.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I've got a 40P on layaway right now. I don't think I've ever been so excited about a pistol before. It's the perfect double action pistol IMO. I have a couple small payments left to make on it and it drives me nuts. I have a SS guide rod and Wolf springs waiting for it. They are a bit thick through the frame, but shoot well and have a great feel to 'em.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Rifles, shotguns and pistols all have a good reputation. I own a few rimfire rifles, one rimfire handgun and 3 centerfire handguns, all are good.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
quote:Originally posted by David the Gnome

I was looking at some of their handguns today for a new CCW. I wanted to check out the CZ 100 but they didn't even know what I was talking about when I asked. My only complaint with them, as far as CC is concerned, is they're really thick. I liked the CZ 75 Compact a lot, I don't know if I could get used to the thickness though.
The cz100 is very light, a natural pointer, and feels great---BUT it has one of the long, long, longest dao trigger strokes that i have ever tried---longer than any revolver stroke, longer than a beretta dao stroke. It strikes me as a trigger system that you may have to totally dedicate yourself to it an no other in order to master.(unless they have changed it in the past few years)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts