Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've noticed that my new GP100 fits really well in some of my SA holsters. Is there any reason that a DA revolver can't be carried in a SA holster? I know it won't work for CCW, but when open carry is practiced, I don't see why it won't. Anyone here do this?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
we don't have stupid questions here...just questions that need answers...my guess is that a lot of guys who own both SA and DA interchange holsters...unless they're boned, no problem, but they just haven't gotten up yet...any holster that fits well and will secure and protect the gun is fine with me...but I don't have any SA now....looking.......always looking....

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Sheepdog. I didn't want to go to the range with a DA hanging out of a SA holster and have people think I was defective. :D

When my girl gets home with the camera I'll post a couple pics of my GP in a SA holster. Then you tell me what you think.

·
Super Moderator
21,491 Posts
Fine looking leather and the GP looks great in them. If your friends give you grief it because they're jealous. Do you shoot with both hands?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I think they look good in those holsters. I'm glad to hear you shoot with both hands....I do too. Little quicker right handed, but just as accurate left handed....I started life as a southpaw, and my parents made me switch because "it is a right handed world".....

·
Count Ursunk
3,325 Posts
to be honest with ya.........it dont look good. I would give that whole rig to mrb and maybe you can keep your dignity. I will pay the postage if I have to.

·
Registered
373 Posts
AHHH SHUCKS MRB you beat me too it.

looks good BH, I wouldn't hesitate to wear it. I'd be willing to be that wyatt earp himself would love to have that GP.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think they look good in those holsters. I'm glad to hear you shoot with both hands....I do too. Little quicker right handed, but just as accurate left handed....I started life as a southpaw, and my parents made me switch because "it is a right handed world".....
That's exactly what happened to me. My mother didn't want me being left handed so wouldn't let me eat or anything with it. Now I'm able to use either hand for anything. I write better with my right hand and shoot a little faster, but hey it's all good. :D

·
Count Ursunk
3,325 Posts
I have a son that writes LH ,throws RH, kicks LF, AND EATS WITH BOTH HANDS!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts