Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The other day when I went to the range... I collected exactly a 5 gallon bucket full of various brass. I still have to seperate it and sort the good from the bad. I just can't believe how much reloadable brass is there that other shooters just throw away.

I will let you all know what I got after I get this stuff sorted out.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
My 8 yr old Grandson loves to go with me and pick up brass, and since he is closer to the ground and limber he can pick up twice as much as I can.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Here's what the ground looks like at a range I go to. I'm pretty selective, I only pick up brass I reload for, although it's getting harder and harder to read the headstamp on some of the ones in question.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Everytime I go to a range I am just like a kid in a candy store! I only pick up brass that looks pretty new though.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
You wouldn't believe how much brass gets at the scrap metals recycler. Makes you want to pick it all up and sell what you don't need.
Our local range keeps the brass and resells for expenses and to buy cat food for the various animals that keep showing up.

·
Registered
557 Posts
quote:Originally posted by JB

The other day when I went to the range... I collected exactly a 5 gallon bucket full of various brass. I still have to seperate it and sort the good from the bad. I just can't believe how much reloadable brass is there that other shooters just throw away.

I will let you all know what I got after I get this stuff sorted out.
Let me know if you find any 25 Remington. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts