Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today the UPS man attempted delivery of my levergun from Marlin to my house, but needed a signature. I changed the address to my office tomorrow, and am going to the range at lunch to shoot. I hope it arrives in the morning!!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Adult signature required...a lot of us have missed those shipments when not around. I have missed them when I run an errand to the post office. They come the next day. But it is frustrating...

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have anticipated this and given them my work address initially. Because they can come every day to my house and I won't be there between 10 and 2. But I should get it this morning, and I'm looking forward to taking it to the range.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey JB. I realize now that I read your post that it sounds like I was getting a new gun from Marlin. This is one I talked about in earlier posts that I bought from my neighbor but it had that 'Marlin Jam' problem, so I sent it back and they replaced the carrier and lever (for free!) and are sending it back to me. It's the .357 model, posing here with my Winchester...

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Be glad that they require a signiture. One time I sent a gun back to Iver Johnson, a single shot kids .22 rifle. When they finally got around to fixing it and sending it back, UPS left it laying outside my door. This was in an apartment! (This was years ago, by the way.) No one stole it, but if they had, I would not even have known about it. I was ticked off for a long time about that.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're absolutely right, gunman. I was more upset with myself for not anticipating the problem. Really I was just excited to shoot it today. Fact is, Marlin turned it around much faster than I thought they would have, so even if I don't get it in time for today's range session, I'm still way ahead of the game...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts