Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the Speed Six to the range today for the second time. I was a little more comfortable but still have a long way to go. These are in the order I shot them. The orange targets, the orange area is 9 inches across.

First up, two hands, seven yards, fifty shots. Some slow, some fast. One, uh, I don't know what that one was. I'd say it was someone else shooting at my target but there was nobody else around!

Next I tried one handed, strong hand, same distance of 7 yards. 18 shots. This is hard!!

For the next 18 shots I went weak side, but had to move the target up to five yards (I was afraid I wouldn't hit the paper at all!). This Remington .38 +P, well I know there are plenty more powerful rounds out there but out of this gun it is enough to get your attention.

I had 14 rounds left so I left the target at 5 yards and really tried to focus on my aiming (two hands)

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
can you tell a difference between the +p and WallyWorld practice loads? Louder and more recoil? I shoot about the same with either...how's the trigger feel now?

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
It will get there. Have you thought about a different grip? this may help some.
Or--keeping the wood you got---adding a tyler-T grip adapter. It will make a world of difference giving a more hand filling grip yet not making it bulky for concealed carry.

http://www.t-grips.com/

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Truthfully I didn't expect to notice a difference - maybe because I don't notice a difference with the GP100 4" - but I really do think it's louder and has more recoil. Kind of a big flash too, though I might just be noticing that more today because of the lighting or whatever.

The trigger feels good. It seems like a LONG trigger pull, which, more than the WEIGHT of it seems to be effecting my accuracy. Particularly with one hand. Does that make sense??

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I've had a pair of Pachmayr Compac Grips in the drawer waiting for a Speed-Six for a couple years-if you want, PM me your address and I'll send them to you to try-if you like them and they make it more natural for your hands, find some and send me back a pair-if not, send them back...what say? To me, they're the best grips ever made...I put them on all my revolvers...

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think there is a high probability that a grip change could enhance my accuracy. But man, I love the look of the stock grips! Sheepdog, I appreciate your kind and generous offer, but maybe that t-grip would be a nice compromise for me - fill out that grip but still maintain, largely, the original aesthetics of the gun? I might get a set of those and see how it goes...

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
They have them in stock Eddie as I just ordered mine the other day. I got the brushed looking ones. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going to a gun show tomorrow, any chance vendors have these or do you only get these through the place that makes them?

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
You might get lucky

think that it is a #8 for the ruger but you better check......

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Deputy, I found one but see my post in The Tavern about it. I hate the fit (but would love the grip with it if it just looked like it fit). I might end up just looking at other grips. I might take Sheepdog up on his offer to try those...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts