Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying a .45 Colt Blackhawk with a 7 1/2" barrel. I can only find 5 1/2" Vaqueros locally. I am not seeing where Ruger's website is showing a stainless 7 1/2" in a .45 LC Blackhawk. Just wondering if anybody here has any experience with these stainless Blackhawk 7 1/2' guns from Davidsons?

I'm interested because I already have two S&W 45 acp revolvers (a JM and a PC) and am picking up a new S&W Model 25 today (6 1/2" blued in 45 Colt). I'm thinking a long barrel Ruger in 45 Colt would be a great addition. The Ruger's reloading flexibility sounds like it would be huge fun to play with! The only 45 LC I've shot was a friends 7 1/2" Blackhawk in 1979. That gun survived a double charge of Red Dot. The case was stuck in and we continued shooting that day on the five remaining holes, although we had to wham the distorted case head on the edge of a bench so the cylinder would rotate. Had to put the cylinder in a vice and use a large punch to remove the case. That Ruger worked fine after that.

I was at Cabelas a few days ago getting reloading stuff for the S&W 25. Got to looking at all the available bullets and almost started drooling at all the possibilities, especially bullets I can't really use in a Smith but sure could in a Ruger…….mmmm.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just got a 5.5" in stainless, the Convertible Bisley Grip, 45 ACP/45 Colt. It was thru Williams as a distributor exclusive. Seems they have 80+ in stock at Davidsons. Comes to about 525 at my local dealers.

I've ordered twice thru Davidson's with no problems.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mine is an older factory gun made in 1992. I added the hunter grip frames super hammers and black micarta to it and the 4 5/8 gun.

Dana

1 - 4 of 4 Posts