Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All..picked this up yesterday...5" Davidson's Exclusive...I must say this is one impressive HUNK OF STEEL....it IS rather massive with a decidedly heavy muzzle feel that sits ROCK SOLID in my two handed grip...the hogue grips fit my hand well and the trigger pull in single action is very,very good light and crisp with just a hint of creep that is not noticeable at every triger pull..I suspect it will only get better with use...the finish is even and well done...just needs a little cleaning from the last of the factory polishing...
No wonder these are in short supply..RUGER has a HELL of a winner here...
Pete

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Very Nice. I want one of those.
I try to tell myself I have enough, but I know...."resistance is futile".

·
Registered
41 Posts
Couldn't agree with you more! I have one of those too and absolutely love it! Only Chang I've made is a Hogue monogrip and Wolfe trigger spring.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Congrats on your new GP! Very nice looker ;)

I have a blued, 4" and love it. It's my "everything gun" except CC...

Good luck & happy shootin'

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Ooooh, that is sweet.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Very impressive.

May you have good shooting with it.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I have been looking at your Davidson GP100 5" ever since you found it. I looked around and found that no one had any.

Today I was in a town just about 20 miles from me and stopped by a LGS that I don't often get to (found he had magazines for MKIII 22/45's).
I took a look in the pistol case and there it was - a brand new GP100 KGP-151 just like yours. It was priced at $589.95 plus the 6% sales tax.
I was not in a position to buy it, but it should still be there on Monday if I decide that I can't go on without it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
LAY AWAY !!!!!5 inchers don`t hit the shelves often & when they do guess what they evaporate or summtin !!!

Personally I`d like to see a standard offering of a 3" 5" & a 7 1/2" GP 100, & the 7 1/2" half lug !!

These 3 will cover concealment , range work & hunting very nicely !!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Very nice indeed sir...GP jealousy!!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Congratulations on your new Davidson's GP100 5" bbl revolver. I have one just like it that I bought about 2 years ago. I have replaced the original grips with the older Letts style grips, and installed lighter trigger and hammer springs from Brownell's. I will say however that the original factory trigger pull was more than satisfactory. This is a fantastic configuration of the GP100 and I hope to never part with mine.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I have been looking at your Davidson GP100 5" ever since you found it. I looked around and found that no one had any.

Today I was in a town just about 20 miles from me and stopped by a LGS that I don't often get to (found he had magazines for MKIII 22/45's).
I took a look in the pistol case and there it was - a brand new GP100 KGP-151 just like yours. It was priced at $589.95 plus the 6% sales tax.
I was not in a position to buy it, but it should still be there on Monday if I decide that I can't go on without it.
LAY AWAY !!!!!5 inchers don`t hit the shelves often & when they do guess what they evaporate or summtin !!!

Personally I`d like to see a standard offering of a 3" 5" & a 7 1/2" GP 100, & the 7 1/2" half lug !!

These 3 will cover concealment , range work & hunting very nicely !!
Well, rather than languish over whether to buy the Davidson 5" GP100 that I accidentally "found" on Saturday afternoon, I called the LGS that had it on Monday morning and picked it up late yesterday afternoon.
As "backfire" said - it is an impressive hunk of steel. Not that anyone hasn't seen one, here is a picture of it taken this evening. I haven't had the chance to fire it yet - rained most of the day and then I had a MKIII project to finish. I picked up a box of Magtech 357 mag in 158gr and a box of Remington in 125gr. I already have some .38 spcl in my ammo inventory.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
:)
Hi All..picked this up yesterday...5" Davidson's Exclusive...I must say this is one impressive HUNK OF STEEL....it IS rather massive with a decidedly heavy muzzle feel that sits ROCK SOLID in my two handed grip...the hogue grips fit my hand well and the trigger pull in single action is very,very good light and crisp with just a hint of creep that is not noticeable at every triger pull..I suspect it will only get better with use...the finish is even and well done...just needs a little cleaning from the last of the factory polishing...
No wonder these are in short supply..RUGER has a HELL of a winner here...
Pete

Is this a "dealer exclusive " ? I have to get one ASAP !! A beauty !!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
:)

Is this a "dealer exclusive " ? I have to get one ASAP !! A beauty !!
I suppose it would be a distributor exclusive. It is distributed by Davidson. That is where my LGS got it.
I have come to find that they are somewhat hard to find and that is why I jumped on it when I had the chance.

I had planned on getting a GP100 eventually - it was on the short list, but this turned out to be an unplanned purchase.

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
One word: Jealous! (It is high on my 'want' list!) Congrats!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts