Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Open letter to the Ruger team:

Dear Ruger,

I would like to buy a SR45c. Yes I know you don't currently make one, but I am in the market for a .45 and I want one. As a new gun owners and first time carrier, I am enjoying your SR9c. The truth is I settled for it. I was looking for an American made double stack .45. I looked at the P345 and the SR40c, but they did not fill my wants and needs. In the end, the SR9c had everything I wanted, but the caliber. Since I was settling, the difference in complicity between the SR40c and the SR9c made up my mind for me. The fact that they are both built with the consumer market in mind (not police or military) makes a difference to me. I own a Colt 1911 in .45, but don't want to use it as an every day carry. There are many safety features on the SR line (chambered round indicator, manual thumb safety, trigger safety, won't fire chambered round with no magazine, double action trigger and no exposed hammer) that help a new concealed carrier feel safe. As a double stack .45, I (and I believe the market) would like the enlarged compactly. I have a need and think there is a market need for a sub compact .45 that feels and shoots like the SR9c. One that can add a larger magazine as a grip extention and make it a compact would be perfect. We need a truley American poly double stack Ruger that can compete with the Springfield XDs. We need a SR45c!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Dear Ruger

Please design a micro sized 9 mm that has a single action only trigger, is hammer fired, doesn't have a mag disconnect, doesn't have an exposed loaded chamber indicator, and has some actual accuracy from 7 yards out to 15 yards or atleast a rear sight that has a little bit of elevation adjustment to it.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

Dear Ruger,

We need a SR45c!
It won't happen overnight, but it will happen. :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Dear Ruger,
Please make a SR1911 I can own in the state of CA. Thats all.
Then it wouldn't be a 1911. Redesign your politicians; not the gun. ;)

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Dear Ruger

Please design a micro sized 9 mm that has a single action only trigger, is hammer fired, doesn't have a mag disconnect, doesn't have an exposed loaded chamber indicator, and has some actual accuracy from 7 yards out to 15 yards or atleast a rear sight that has a little bit of elevation adjustment to it.
That would be nice but the state of CA would never let me buy it. :mad:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Then it wouldn't be a 1911. Redesign your politicians; not the gun. ;)
Plenty of 1911 that you can legally buy here, just not the Ruger. Kimber, S&W, and Sig 1911's are all CA legal.

Don't know why. :confused:

I vote against the anti gun Nazis every year and it hasn't worked out for me yet.

·
Registered
114 Posts
That would be nice but the state of CA would never let me buy it. :mad:
True, that kinda sucks for people in california and other nanny states but the non nanny states far outnumber the nanny states and it sucks that we can't have stuff unless it is designed for the nanny states.

Heck it suprises me that you can actually own a firearm in california at this point in time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Too bad about the CA gun laws. I never thought Ohio would allow civilian CCW but that happened years ago. Things do change for the good once in awhile.

TK

·
Registered
760 Posts
Dear Ruger,

Send me a SR1911, a set of 10/22 rifles, SR556, and make a 9mm carbine for me. I'd pretty much like to have one of everything.

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
A redhawk in 45 colt in 51/2 inch barrel again and I would like the redhawk available in blued finish and I mean real colt python royal blue not regular blue. Or make it available in the white in carbon steel and let them be sent to Douglas Turnbull.

·
Registered
87 Posts

Dear Ruger,

I would like to buy a SR45c. Yes I know you don't currently make one, but I am in the market for a .45 and I want one. As a new gun owners and first time carrier, I am enjoying your SR9c. The truth is I settled for it. I was looking for an American made double stack .45. I looked at the P345 and the SR40c, but they did not fill my wants and needs. In the end, the SR9c had everything I wanted, but the caliber. Since I was settling, the difference in complicity between the SR40c and the SR9c made up my mind for me. The fact that they are both built with the consumer market in mind (not police or military) makes a difference to me. I own a Colt 1911 in .45, but don't want to use it as an every day carry. There are many safety features on the SR line (chambered round indicator, manual thumb safety, trigger safety, won't fire chambered round with no magazine, double action trigger and no exposed hammer) that help a new concealed carrier feel safe. As a double stack .45, I (and I believe the market) would like the enlarged compactly. I have a need and think there is a market need for a sub compact .45 that feels and shoots like the SR9c. One that can add a larger magazine as a grip extention and make it a compact would be perfect. We need a truley American poly double stack Ruger that can compete with the Springfield XDs. We need a SR45c!
Yeah, I'd like to see a SR45c. I wrote Mike Fifer letting him know about the Springfield XDS (not that he doesn't know about it) but it's got safeties, single stack, and yeah some people don't want that, but it was a 5 + 1 gun. I think, extend the grip and make it 6 + 1 and the second mag , don't make it like the first mag the way XDS is, but like SR-9c and 40c, a full size mag with a grip extension around it. Add the red fiber optic front sight too. My eye really locked onto the red front sight. And for being about 6.5 inches, XDS has a rail under the barrel. I suggested to Fifer that he jump the development track and go directly to a SR-45c. Ah well, all I can do is suggest.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Someday: They will realize that we are the Government. They bitch about the NRA. (IT'S US) The United States can be abbreviated U.S. that means us. The only way we can change things is keep voting someday they will get it.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dear Ruger,
Please make a SR1911 I can own in the state of CA. Thats all.
You can own a Ruger SR1911 in California. You just have to get it through a dealer who can modify it to comply with the Single Shot Exemption. Once you take possession of the firearm, it can then be modified right back to original configuration. That is how I got mine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
And why you are at it, please make and SP101 in 44 mag, and a .45 that will make S&W, SA and Glock take a step back and say....hmmmmm.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts