Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was in high school I had an english teacher by the name of Mr. Eddlin- I beleive that is the correct spelling. He told us that he was in the Navy before the war and was on a ship when the attack happened. He did tell us some stories but not many. One of the stories was that he was trapped below deck for 3 days no lights no food no water no nothing. Man how he made it throught all that, he told us he was a poor boy and he had to go pick up laundry for his mother as she did washing for a living. He told of Christmas where didn't get much for Christmas. He got new rubber for the metal wheel on his laundry chart as the old one had a hole in it and it clank everytime it hit the road. He didn't get the rubber on the wheel right and it was a little hard to push until he got it wroe down some. One of the better off kids said Johnny what are you going to get for Christmas new rubber for your wheel? Well that was about all he got that year.
I am proud that I was in his cleass and even prouder that I knew this man. I haven't had no contact with him but I am sure he has long since pasted away.
I was in the gun galley and read the signature in 2lates post there as well as looked at the screen saver he is using. How true that statement is. I look out side and see how peaceful and clear this day is here where I am at. I hope that each of you today at some point will take the time to say a little prayer for those that serve us today. No matter what we are facing they are facing much much more than we are.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
The entire history of this great country of ours laced with men and women that have given the last full measure. I am proud to have served my country, first in the Navy, and then, working for the Veterans Administration (taking care of those who served). At the same time, I feel a certain amount of guilt that I came through those 6 year in the Navy without having to be shot at. I am humbled to have been able to have served those vets that gave so much for our freedom. May all those that served and have passed, find an everlasting pease and comfort, and may those that are currently serving, be blessed with safety and may they come home soon.

·
Count Ursunk
3,308 Posts
great post Snuffy..it is good to hear that people can overcome and achieve. God bless.

·
Count Ursunk
3,308 Posts
when i was going to school,teacher asked me when columbus discovered america. i proudly stood up and said...1942. got my dates off a little bit, but every one applauded. Today,i still have problems with exact dates untill i get reminded of them. Aint it good to have friends to help us out a smidgen.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no your right sorry men I'll see if I can fix that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts