Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Republican!!!
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You probably know that the Mayan calendar only goes to December 21, 2012. So, based on that, how many of you are having a party on December 22? :D

Incidently, Roman Numerals have no zero. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

· Registered
7,654 Posts
You probably know that the Mayan calendar only goes to December 21, 2012. So, based on that, how many of you are having a party on December 22? :D

Incidently, Roman Numerals have no zero. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
If the Mayans meant that was our last day, I guess there won't be a December 22nd?

I wouldn't discount it entirely. The Mayans were supposedly very good at predicting a lot of astronomical events that have since proven true. Maybe they knew about some head-on with an asteroid that we haven't seen yet..........:confused:

· Republican!!!
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the Mayans meant that was our last day, I guess there won't be a December 22nd?

I wouldn't discount it entirely. The Mayans were supposedly very good at predicting a lot of astronomical events that have since proven true. Maybe they knew about some head-on with an asteroid that we haven't seen yet..........:confused:
Well, if it turns out they're right, I'm cancelling my party! :D

· Banned
2,188 Posts
Actually, the Mayans say there is no such problem. They just start with a new calendar.

Much ado about nothing.

· Republican!!!
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think they probably just ran out of room on that rock! :D

· Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
I think it's safe to say that I will be around for Christmas.

· Registered
5,337 Posts
More worried about November 6th right now.......

· Registered
1,844 Posts
More worried about November 6th right now.......
For sure!! Now here is a doomsday scenario that you can count on - an Obama 2nd term.

· Wandering Sandlapper
3,281 Posts
Either way I probably won't do any Christmas shopping until the 22nd, or the 24th. :eek:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.