Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You probably know that the Mayan calendar only goes to December 21, 2012. So, based on that, how many of you are having a party on December 22? :D

Incidently, Roman Numerals have no zero. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
You probably know that the Mayan calendar only goes to December 21, 2012. So, based on that, how many of you are having a party on December 22? :D

Incidently, Roman Numerals have no zero. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
If the Mayans meant that was our last day, I guess there won't be a December 22nd?

I wouldn't discount it entirely. The Mayans were supposedly very good at predicting a lot of astronomical events that have since proven true. Maybe they knew about some head-on with an asteroid that we haven't seen yet..........:confused:

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the Mayans meant that was our last day, I guess there won't be a December 22nd?

I wouldn't discount it entirely. The Mayans were supposedly very good at predicting a lot of astronomical events that have since proven true. Maybe they knew about some head-on with an asteroid that we haven't seen yet..........:confused:
Well, if it turns out they're right, I'm cancelling my party! :D

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Well, either that was the day they were supposed to start a new calender, or it is Mayan Doomsday. If it's Mayan doomsday, well we'll miss them, but see you on the 23rd!

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
You mean I won't have to buy Christmas gifts this year?

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
It figures, my bday is the 20th, I'll be another year older before the end. LOL (yes I'm really an angel...coughcoughcough)

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
Actually, the Mayans say there is no such problem. They just start with a new calendar.

Much ado about nothing.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think they probably just ran out of room on that rock! :D

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I think it's safe to say that I will be around for Christmas.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
More worried about November 6th right now.......

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
For sure!! Now here is a doomsday scenario that you can count on - an Obama 2nd term.

·
Wandering Sandlapper
3,282 Posts
Either way I probably won't do any Christmas shopping until the 22nd, or the 24th. :eek:

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Nov.6th

:)For sure. I think the Mayan calendar thing has been dream't up by the left wingers trying to scare us all into admitting we need protection by the Gov't from the end of the world::eek: Remember the Y2K ??? Gov't conspiracy ??:D:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts