Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lest We Forget ! December 7, 1941

Please take a few minutes and put our military men and women, past, present and future in your thoughts and prayers today. Thanks.....

absent companions.............

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
When I think of our freedom, which I thank God every day that we have, I think of our past and present military, and the sacrifice they made. I try to always ask God to watch over the military that we have now making this a safer country for us to live in.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Thanks for the reminder. We owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to the fighting men of this great country...past and present. Thank you all for your service to this country.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I'll never forget our folks in the military and the sacrifice they have made for our freedom. Sad but this is not even taught in a lot of our school systems. It is in our town but that's because most here are retired Military and a bunch are still on active duty.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
I can't never forget that date. I married my first wife on Pearl Harbor Day. I guess I let my guard down on that date too! Seriously, I think about the sacrifices of the WW2 generation a lot. They deserve all our respect.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I was almost 7 on that day and remember it well and the following years of sacrifices we did at home with scrap metal drives and rationing and so on. I look back now with great pride at how everybody pitched in and how the young men stood in line to enlist.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah, Baldy, it's up to us to teach History to our young men-they sure get a twisted version at school-if it's mentioned at all....

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah, but it didn't bring back the lives lost that could have been saved by being vigilant and responding to the info they had coming in-instead of thinking we were safe and let's all go to the party---what a waste of men who never had a chance---when will this country learn to watch their hands, watch their eyes, and let them know "Not on My Watch!!" We have the best snooptools in the world---but the same half-asleep mindsets processing the info...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts